Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Tells EPA To Crack Down On Lead Paint  (Read 721 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ninth Circuit Tells EPA To Crack Down On Lead Paint
« on: December 29, 2017, 01:04:15 am »
A panel of three judges from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) needs to modernize regulations governing the use of lead paint quickly after new information on its dangers was revealed.

Before the decision, the EPA told the panel that updated regulations taking into account the new data would be developed within six years. Finding the agency had “unreasonably delayed” making the new rules, the 9th Circuit gave the agency a much shorter timeline — 90 days — to revise and issue updated rules.

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/28/ninth-circuit-tells-epa-to-crack-down-on-lead-paint/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ninth Circuit Tells EPA To Crack Down On Lead Paint
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 01:23:00 am »
EPA to 9th Circuit:
"we'll work on it"...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:25:31 am »
EPA to 9th Circuit:
"we'll work on it"...

And they added: "go pound sand"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:25:51 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 01:31:17 am »
I wasn't aware that the courts make law...

Hasn't lead paint been essentially banned for many decades? Especially where any people are on a regular basis?

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 01:49:00 am »
I wasn't aware that the courts make law...

Hasn't lead paint been essentially banned for many decades? Especially where any people are on a regular basis?

Yes to your last question.  Three quarters of certain areas of Baltimore have received monetary damages regarding lead paint in old buildings.  You are right, for decades.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 01:55:14 am »
In California real estate sellers must disclose lead paint. It is considered like hazardous waste, if dislodged during remodeling, etc. The most common way to deal with it, is to not disturb it, and to encapsulate it by painting over it.

There are few enforcement mechanisms, however. In nearly 30 years of real estate experience I have never heard of an inspection or remediation of a property from 1-4 units.

But most likely vast sums are spent on government real estate.

A few years ago, rows and rows of WWII-Vietnam era barracks sat idle at Fort Ord; not torn down to prevent disturbing lead painted wood.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:59:03 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln