Author Topic: How Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:32:01 am »
How Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy
Fox News, Dec 27, 2017, Kaitlyn Schallhorn

President Trump spent his first year in office moving swiftly to roll back what his Democratic predecessor did in eight. The result: the steady unraveling of a slew of regulations and laws put in place under then-President Barack Obama, covering everything from the Internet to the environment to health care.

Read on for a 2017 overview of what Trump has done to dismantle Obama's regulatory legacy.

Health care
As a presidential candidate, Trump regularly promised to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act – keeping in line with other Republicans. Efforts to completely overhaul the 2010 law through Congress have thus far been unsuccessful. But piece by piece, Trump has managed to dismantle some controversial Obama-era initiatives.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/27/how-trump-is-rolling-back-obamas-legacy.html

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:32:34 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: How Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:37:09 am »
The report includes how Trump is rolling back Obama's legacy on ..

More on health care
Immigration
Environment
Trade
Education
Net Neutrality
Foreign Policy, and
Criminal Justice and Police

This is a thoroughly delightful report.   ^-^

Offline RoosGirl

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 01:47:13 am »

More on health care
Immigration
Environment
Trade
Education
Net Neutrality
Foreign Policy, and

It's gotta be tough for those biting their nose off to spite their face, you know, that old military thing about the perfect being the enemy of the good?

"Trump's not Good enough for me, he's a this, that, and the other, so #$%^ Him!"

How soon so many have forgotten the previous 8(000) years.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 01:56:32 am »
And then there's this ...

Have you anything, anything at all, to say about the information presented in the article on this thread?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 02:12:35 am »
Have you anything, anything at all, to say about the information presented in the article on this thread?

You want me to say MORE?  Well that's a first.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:12:44 am »

More on health care
Immigration
Environment
Trade
Education
Net Neutrality
Foreign Policy, and

It's a good report and I think it's accurate.  If you read it, you will see that Trump does plan to get out of the Paris accord but is not legally able to do so until 2019.  Why ... I don't know, but Trump did not renege on that plan as has been speculated.

He wants to go after Sanctuary cities by withholding funds.  At this point in time, liberal judges have ruled against financial sanctions against these cities.

Other efforts by Trump have been thwarted by Congress or judges, but he's accomplished a lot.

I think Congress and some judges thought that Trump would be a colossal  failure and they would, therefore, be protected from any blowback from blocking his issues.

By now, it should have settled in that Trump is not a failure, colossal or otherwise, and blocking him may be dangerous for political futures.  He cannot replace all the judges with one wave of the hand but he is doing it as fast as he can.

I predict his second year in office will be even better as various groups and entities come to the bitter realization that, yes, Trump was elected, and yes, his programs are what people want.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 09:37:08 am »
It's a good report and I think it's accurate.  If you read it, you will see that Trump does plan to get out of the Paris accord but is not legally able to do so until 2019.  Why ... I don't know, but Trump did not renege on that plan as has been speculated.

He wants to go after Sanctuary cities by withholding funds.  At this point in time, liberal judges have ruled against financial sanctions against these cities.

Other efforts by Trump have been thwarted by Congress or judges, but he's accomplished a lot.

I think Congress and some judges thought that Trump would be a colossal  failure and they would, therefore, be protected from any blowback from blocking his issues.

By now, it should have settled in that Trump is not a failure, colossal or otherwise, and blocking him may be dangerous for political futures.  He cannot replace all the judges with one wave of the hand but he is doing it as fast as he can.

I predict his second year in office will be even better as various groups and entities come to the bitter realization that, yes, Trump was elected, and yes, his programs are what people want.

That's right.

And it also explains the non-stop Democrat howling for impeachment.

They pretend to look down their noses at him as a lightweight, unfit for the job.

Truth is they're terrified of him.

They know full well what he's going to kick out from under them over the next 3 years, - huge chunks of their rent seeking, Kleptocrat butt covering, 'insurance policy' underwriting, career bureaucrats.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:27 am »

During the campaign I wrote here extensively about Donald Trump’s ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges. His first year as a politician proved my research into his personality and background was accurate. The man is a dynamo, a likable dynamo...that is of course unless you are a Leftist or assorted politically correct snowflake of the D or R variety—then, you just hate him.  :th_10444:

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »
Blatant butt-kissing.  How juvenile.

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 12:31:56 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 12:45:10 pm »
Blatant butt-kissing.  How juvenile.

Illogical, counselor.

Butt-kissing is a behavior encountered with underlings who hope to win favor with the boss.

I, on the other hand, am not Donald Trump’s underling, I’m his employer, so to speak, a proud supporter of the job he’s doing as president representing my interests in good government.

Pardon me if I don’t criticize him 24/7 like you do. How juvenile of you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 12:47:10 pm by aligncare »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 01:00:41 pm »
Executive orders and memos aren't rolling anything back. They're placeholders till a democrat takes office and "rolls back" Trump's agenda.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 01:14:18 pm »
Executive orders and memos aren't rolling anything back. They're placeholders till a democrat takes office and "rolls back" Trump's agenda.

Are you saying the President should have been as defeatist as you ... and left Obama's EO's in place??

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 04:15:36 pm »

Yes, a change in regime would mean changes.  Just as Trump is rolling back much of Obama's over-reaching.

I'm wondering about you though.  It sounds as if you can't wait until a democrat takes office.  Am I reading you correctly?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 06:37:37 pm »

You're right.

Tax reform was more good than bad, but because they had to do it through reconciliation it will expire in 2025(?). Obamacare is still on the books and if the Rats are in charge in 2025 you can bet it will not only be back, but they will "improve" it. Immigration reform hasn't gone anywhere yet and other than prototypes the wall hasn't been built. Is this Pres. Trump's fault? I don't think so. I think it is the Pub party's fault these things haven't been done and it will probably cost them the House.

As of now I still see no reason to support the Pub party with my donations, or my vote. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:38:30 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 06:41:30 pm »

So anyway:

Healthcare - yay

Immigration - Nothing actually done for a number of reasons no necessarily Trump's fault, so why list it?

Environment -
    CPP - Nothing actually done yet, so why list it?
    Paris Accord - Nothing actually done yet, so why list it?
    Remainder - yay

Trade -
    TPP - I think nothing actually has changed on this, but I may be wrong on that.
    NAFTA - ??  What happened with this?

Education - yay
    What happened with getting rid of Common Core and even possibly the Dept of Ed and giving states back sole control?

Net Neutrality - yay

Foreign Policy -
    Iran Deal - Hasn't really pulled out of it?  Why not?  He said it was a disaster.
    Cuba travel - whatev

Criminal Justice and Police -
    Sessions re-uped  on the confiscation of property from people charged, but not found guilty, of drug offenses.  That's total  bullshit and I am completely against that.
    Military equipment for police - No thank you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:49:08 pm by RoosGirl »