Author Topic: Stage four of Trump Derangement Syndrome: Identifying the progress of a disease  (Read 10314 times)

Silver Pines

Or his wife.   :laugh:

@RoosGirl

Word!

It’s like a full-time job.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

@CatherineofAragon

He is a man, and a sorry one at that, who is president.  He is on TV news channels mostly all day long.  I listen on my new PINK CD player to my new Bible CDs that use actors for the voices, and AMC movie channel rather than have my air messed up with him all day long.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

He is a man, and a sorry one at that, who is president.  He is on TV news channels mostly all day long.  I listen on my new PINK CD player to my new Bible CDs that use actors for the voices, and AMC movie channel rather than have my air messed up with him all day long.

@Victoria33

Lol

If I want news, there are conservative sources on Twitter.  What are you watching on AMC?

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
Lol  If I want news, there are conservative sources on Twitter.  What are you watching on AMC?
@CatherineofAragon

Any movie on there.  I have to read the book, "The Town" by Faulkner as our literature class starts up again a week from this coming Monday.  I can read with a movie on the TV.

Our weather: we are going to get really cold this coming Saturday, and Sunday we will have freezing drizzle with a temp below freezing.  Dallas/Fort Worth and towns in the greater area, including ours, are already preparing roads for ice.  We won't be out of the house Sunday, Monday, Tuesday due to that.  Monday morning it will be 19 degrees and won't get above freezing, also Tuesday.  I'll be watching AMC movies and reading during this time.  Are you colder than that?

Offline aligncare

I firmly believe TDS has been suppressing active participation of new members at TBR. We get a steady flow of new members signing up but very few ever jump in. On a typical day it’s not hard to spot that NT’s outnumber AT’s, and since their focus is on the negative, ie. criticism and mockery of Trump, it can get pretty ugly around here. And I believe that fact dissuades people who might be supporters of trump from participating in conversations. Just my opinion, folks.

Oceander

I firmly believe TDS has been suppressing active participation of new members at TBR. We get a steady flow of new members signing up but very few ever jump in. On a typical day it’s not hard to spot that NT’s outnumber AT’s, and since their focus is on the negative, ie. criticism and mockery of Trump, it can get pretty ugly around here. And I believe that fact dissuades people who might be supporters of trump from participating in conversations. Just my opinion, folks.

:bigsilly:

It’s the other way around.  Every time the Trump-fetish brigade gets going, the numbers drop off.  Page view statistics don’t lie. 

Online corbe

It’s the other way around.  Every time the Trump-fetish brigade gets going, the numbers drop off.  Page view statistics don’t lie. 

That was my thought too, @Oceander There are plenty of 'echo chambers' out there.
   I believe most people enjoy a rational, spirited debate and that is what Myst and her Mods have created.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Fewer and fewer posts by those of us who don't properly worship Trump just like TOS.

As I said there, Just because you can shout down or silence dissent doesn't mean dissent has ceased to exist, it only means that you won't hear them coming when they roll over you like a wave.

If you're right, dissent will make you stronger.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 09:27:20 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline musiclady

That was my thought too, @Oceander There are plenty of 'echo chambers' out there.
   I believe most people enjoy a rational, spirited debate and that is what Myst and her Mods have created.

Yep.

But the WE-WANNA-ECHO-CHAMBER folks don't like this beautiful place because spirited debate goes against the desire for lock-step conformity to their great Leader.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Interesting @aligncare   I think it's also difficult for new members to "jump in" for a few newer reasons, as well. Some threads turn into personal vendettas and defenses usually dominated by one bruised ego that would be better suited for Members Only or Members Lounge areas of the forum. Many others are taken off topic with a competition among a prolific few trying to prove who's the funniest, and who can post the most insulting, outrageous photo.  It's often difficult to remember what the forum is all about and I imagine many newbies just lose interest.

But, those folks around here do seem to enjoy themselves. :shrug:

IMHO, it's a shame.  This forum is very user-friendly and should be growing by leaps and bounds with new members posting up a storm.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yep.

But the WE-WANNA-ECHO-CHAMBER folks don't like this beautiful place because spirited debate goes against the desire for lock-step conformity to their great Leader.

There is a difference @musiclady  between spirited debate and whiny self-promotion that is often missed by a select and verbose few.  It's a difference worth learning.  888blackhat

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:29:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

I'm sure it has nothing to do with at least one of the old(er) members calling new members "cockroaches".

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There is a difference @musiclady  between spirited debate and whiny self-promotion that often gets lost by a select and verbose few.  It's a difference worth learning. 

Excuse you - when you post essays that opine that those who do not genuflect Trump have some kind of mental disease and disorder needing to be treated by government professionals, you have crossed over yourself into the grotesque and the tyrant.

The only 'spirited debate' I imagine you folks engaging in is the arguments over whether Trump will win by landslide double digits in 2020 and eclipse Reagan as the greatest "Conservative President" in American history, bar none.

Enjoy your groupthink, there are myriad and many sites that cater to the singular purpose and promotion of your president.

We are glad this is not one of those sites.

"Cockroaches" as we are, notwithstanding.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

Interesting @aligncare   I think it's also difficult for new members to "jump in" for a few newer reasons, as well. Some threads turn into personal vendettas and defenses usually dominated by one bruised ego that would be better suited for Members Only or Members Lounge areas of the forum. Many others are taken off topic with a competition among a prolific few trying to prove who's the funniest, and who can post the most insulting, outrageous photo.  It's often difficult to remember what the forum is all about and I imagine many newbies just lose interest.

IMHO, it's a shame.  This forum is very user-friendly and should be growing by leaps and bounds with new members posting up a storm.

I resemble that comment @Right_in_Virginia and IMHO that is mostly unadulterated BS. Many Briefers are extremely funny AND witty and if a thread gets jacked 9 times out of 10, it was dead anyway (devoid of intelligent input) and Time for some FUN. 
    As @Oceander proved with his statistics some are not interested in another 'echo chamber' Forum on the net.  I  would also figure that the many NEW sign ups we have each month DO so to better navigate the software and DO eventually get involved, when they feel more comfortable. 
    Took me almost 2 years of occasional Lurking, much to the chagrin of you and some others here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Wow!  The comedy stylin’s of aligncare and RiV!

Offline RoosGirl

Wow!  The comedy stylin’s of aligncare and RiV!

It's been one huge whinefest since the influx of members starting about 2 years ago.  Course, I've only been here about a year and a half, so I should only speak about that.  It's been one huge whinefest at least since I signed in a year and a half ago.  And personally, I think it's pretty damn funny.

Speaking of funny, there's no competition to be funniest; everyone knows that title belongs to me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's been one huge whinefest since the influx of members starting about 2 years ago.  Course, I've only been here about a year and a half, so I should only speak about that.  It's been one huge whinefest at least since I signed in a year and a half ago.  And personally, I think it's pretty damn funny.

Speaking of funny, there's no competition to be funniest; everyone knows that title belongs to me.

Oh, there was plenty of whining going on before that.

Online corbe

Your musings depress me @RoosGirl

Everyone knows me and @Emjay are the funniest.

Offline RoosGirl

Oh, there was plenty of whining going on before that.

What is the world could there have been to whine about before the influx of cockroaches?

Offline RoosGirl

Your musings depress me @RoosGirl

Everyone knows me and @Emjay are the funniest.

Hey, we aren't talking about looks @corbe

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What is the world could there have been to whine about before the influx of cockroaches?

Any number of serious and consequential things...I just can't remember what they were.

Offline RoosGirl

Any number of serious and consequential things...I just can't remember what they were.

LOL  I'm sure they were super duper important.  Just like now!

Online corbe

Unfortunately, there are a few here that remember every damn one of them and won't accept an inebriated condition as an excuse, SAD!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
So many derangement syndromes in the past two decades . . . there was Clinton Derangement Syndrome,
isolated by the acolytes (enablers?) of President Droopy Drawers in his critics no matter how non-deranged their
criticisms . . . there was Bush Derangement Syndrome, isolated by the acolytes of President Lips II in
his critics, conservative and liberal alike, regardless of how non-deranged their criticism . . . there was
Obama Derangement Syndrome, isolated by the acolytes of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshamallow
Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly
Known as the United States, in his critics, regardless of how non-deranged their criticism . . . there is
now Trump Derangement Syndrome, isolated by the acolytes of Donaldus Minimus in his critics,
regardless of how non-deranged their criticism. There will surely be an outbreak of (fill in the blank)
Derangement Syndrome isolated by the acolytes of the next president in his or her critics, regardless
of how non-deranged their criticism.

Forget for the moment the criticisms themselves. What seems really to be going on is a) continuing
thrall to what Gene Healy has described---in two books unlikely to be read by too many people here
and elsewhere ---as the Cult of the Presidency (by the way, the second of the two books is available
absolutely free, ladies and gentlemen); and, b) a continuing and persistent urge on the part of the
Cultists, regardless of president, it seems so often, to seek what they once derided as foolishness when
it wasn't their Chosen One in the line of critical fire---safe spaces.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:11:20 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.