Author Topic: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat  (Read 15938 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »
You can find Roy at the mall, seeking Justice.....

Wow!  That literally made me laugh out loud!   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »
Even so, if Dem turnout was 64%, that's still nearly 60% turnout, which is still unprecedented. The highest I've ever seen, one time, was just under 50%, for a very small local election, not statewide.

Since we didn’t get enough of ‘unprecedented’ under Obama and its the word of the day, you’d have to agree the national coverage of this election was, as well.  Given that, the republican AL voters were well aware of its importance and vastly outweigh democrats.  Even if they had 100% of dem turnout, there’s no reason a good candidate would lose.

Bottom line - they were willing to wait for a better option in 2020.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2017, 05:19:21 pm »

When I am at the post screen, it looks clean. Then when I post it, it comes out all goofy. Normally I would go in and fix it. Just didn't feel like it this time.

From what I understand the site runs on a PHP engine. I think it has a hard time digesting HTML. That's a guess. I really don't know why it does that.

There is a help section on the Simple Machine's website.  That's the software upon this forum runs.  Here's a portal.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Bulletin_board_code#See_Also
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2017, 05:27:37 pm »
@mystery-ak

"He attached a statement from a poll worker that she had noticed licenses from Georgia and North Carolina as people signed in to vote."

If a person's name was not on the voter list, he/she could not vote.  If he/she insisted on voting, he/she had to do it by provisional ballot and it would not be counted.

Their Secretary of State is a Republican and their election judges were likely all Republican. When training election judges/clerks, I never had a Republican election worker ask me how to cheat. I expect this Secretary of State ran Alabama's election to the letter of the law.

When instructing election judges/clerks in my county, a Democrat mayor was an election judge, and she asked permission to come to my instruction because she wanted to do it right.  We all welcomed her/this Democrat, when she came and she came to every one I did every two years.  She was a fine lady who wanted to do her job right.

It's interesting that the people we were told we should count on (Republicans in Alabama) have now become untrustworthy because the results of the election were not what some wanted them to be.

I've never seen heroes turned into villains so quickly because of the loss of a very bad candidate....

@Victoria33

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2017, 05:28:27 pm »
Will this Roy Moore thing EVER die?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2017, 05:30:29 pm »

Why should it?  The Dems and the alt-right both need him - he's the itch that must be scratched. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2017, 05:33:07 pm »

Since we didn’t get enough of ‘unprecedented’ under Obama and its the word of the day, you’d have to agree the national coverage of this election was, as well.  Given that, the republican AL voters were well aware of its importance and vastly outweigh democrats.  Even if they had 100% of dem turnout, there’s no reason a good candidate would lose.

Bottom line - they were willing to wait for a better option in 2020.

The Republican turnout was excellent. Anything over 20% is amazing for a off year, off month, statewide election. It's Indies that vote the weakest and drag on the overall percentage, so assuming that Republicans voted even 60% in 2016, 45% of that is 27%.

Your conclusions are speculation.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2017, 05:35:07 pm »

Nope!  Not as long as we continue to allow the Washington elites and their media manipulate the electorate in such elections.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2017, 05:41:23 pm »

No. His name may not be attached to it - but we now have as precedent, the ability of the oligarchy to eliminate and remove any grassroots Conservative Candidate candidate they do not want to fill a seat to be blasted out of the running by simple unproven and spurious allegations made at the 11th hour.

So now, the Oligarchy will choose your rulers for you, because you unwashed little people do not know what is best for you.

And THAT will never die, because it is receiving huge applause from Statists in both parties.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:42:47 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2017, 05:44:59 pm »
Why should it?  The Dems and the alt-right both need him - he's the itch that must be scratched.

And the excuse for many grown men to resort to incessant whining.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:45:22 pm by musiclady »

Offline edpc

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2017, 05:45:59 pm »
Your conclusions are speculation.

The best effort the Dems could muster only yielded a 1.5% margin of victory in a state where they are vastly outnumbered.  The number of write-ins covered that margin.  It’s hardly speculation to say Moore was uninspiring.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2017, 05:50:25 pm »

The best effort the Dems could muster only yielded a 1.5% margin of victory in a state where they are vastly outnumbered.  The number of write-ins covered that margin.  It’s hardly speculation to say Moore was uninspiring.

Except the facts and numbers don't agree with you. I know, they are tricky things.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2017, 05:53:11 pm »
And the excuse for many grown men to resort to incessant whining.

You've lost me. Someone comes to my house and steals me blind, but I'm a whiner if I decide to speak up and fight back?
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2017, 05:55:48 pm »
You've lost me. Someone comes to my house and steals me blind, but I'm a whiner if I decide to speak up and fight back?

Of course you are! You are supposed to just suck it up and take it.  As usual.  /s 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2017, 05:58:55 pm »

Sorry I lost you.   It wasn't that complicated.

Roy Moore lost because he wasn't a good candidate and he didn't campaign well.  Republicans didn't show up to support him, because if they had, there's no way he would have lost in such a Republican state.

Nevertheless, a few folks keep whining that it's everyone else's fault but Moore himself.

No one stole anyone blind.  The Alabama Republican party chose poorly.

Offline edpc

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »
Except the facts and numbers don't agree with you. I know, they are tricky things.

Here’s some interesting facts and numbers - twice the number of AL voters decided a flawed man with sexual allegations was a better option than a dangerous liberal in Nov 2016.  Half of them didn’t think Moore was worth the effort.  Even a small percentage of them would have made the difference.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:49 pm »
No. His name may not be attached to it - but we now have as precedent, the ability of the oligarchy to eliminate and remove any grassroots Conservative Candidate candidate they do not want to fill a seat to be blasted out of the running by simple unproven and spurious allegations made at the 11th hour.

So now, the Oligarchy will choose your rulers for you, because you unwashed little people do not know what is best for you.

And THAT will never die, because it is receiving huge applause from Statists in both parties.

Exactly. But hey, they don't like Trump, and Moore kinda sorta sounds like Trump, and we don't like Trump, so we got to hate Moore, even though Trump didn't endorse Moore.

Let's throw out the principles of proof and reason, so that when someone Mitch McConnell doesn't like gets pedophile accusations thrown at them, he's nuked them by withdrawing money before the candidate even has time to respond, and we just merrily go along.

Now put that in context with Ted Cruz running next year.
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:59 pm »
Of course you are! You are supposed to just suck it up and take it.  As usual.  /s

No.  You're supposed to stop whining that a bad candidate who should never have lost in Alabama, did indeed lose.

Whining is unbecoming an adult male.......

Oceander

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »

Nobody stole you blind.  You gave it away for free and now you’re whining about the price. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2017, 06:04:21 pm »
Sorry I lost you.   It wasn't that complicated.

Roy Moore lost because he wasn't a good candidate and he didn't campaign well.  Republicans didn't show up to support him, because if they had, there's no way he would have lost in such a Republican state.

Nevertheless, a few folks keep whining that it's everyone else's fault but Moore himself.

No one stole anyone blind.  The Alabama Republican party chose poorly.

Republican turnout was excellent, Democrat turnout was in fairy tale land.

Moore got everything but the kitchen sink thrown at him, and the most serious charges were made by women who's stories had so many holes that they were even contradicted by court records. And before they finished their press conferecnes, old Mitch was pulling support. Democrats ended up spending at least $50M on that race, to maybe $5M for Moore's side.

And then there's those ridiculous turnout numbers, numbers that beg investigation.

Those are the facts, the facts are not on your side.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2017, 06:04:27 pm »
No.  You're supposed to stop whining that a bad candidate who should never have lost in Alabama, did indeed lose.

Whining is unbecoming an adult male.......

I'm going to leave now before I say something I might later regret.  Something like ignorance is correctable but stupid you can't do a damned thing about.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:19 pm »

Here’s some interesting facts and numbers - twice the number of AL voters decided a flawed man with sexual allegations was a better option than a dangerous liberal in Nov 2016.  Half of them didn’t think Moore was worth the effort.  Even a small percentage of them would have made the difference.

Again, speculation from emotion, not facts.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:48 pm »
I'm going to leave now before I say something I might later regret.  Something like ignorance is correctable but stupid you can't do a damned thing about.

Very wise to avoid displaying your stupidity.

Offline edpc

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2017, 06:05:52 pm »
Nobody stole you blind.  You gave it away for free and now you’re whining about the price.

Worse yet - you ran and hid during the campaign, sometimes refusing to say where you’d be next.  Also, you sent the most ridiculous group of stereotypes and mouth breathers to go on TV to represent you.  Now, you expect us to listen and take you seriously?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2017, 06:07:18 pm »
Very wise to avoid displaying your stupidity.

I wouldn't be talking if I were you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien