Author Topic: 4 teens charged with murder in Warren man’s death  (Read 1998 times)

Offline anubias

Re: 4 teens charged with murder in Warren man’s death
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2017, 06:11:24 am »
I know many kids today probably think we were deprived without cell phones, game boys, laptops, etc., but I'd rather have my childhood experiences (minus the whippings from my pa) without those things .
I grew up in a great area with large fields and bluffs close by. Our fun was mostly outside playing ball, climbing the bluffs, swimming, sledding, and generally running around all over the place.
I'll take that childhood kind of fun any day over staring at a cell phone for hours on end.

That’s exactly what I was trying to say but did a poor job of it.  I feel sorry for kids today.  They have no idea what they are missing.

Offline thackney

Re: 4 teens charged with murder in Warren man’s death
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2017, 02:26:30 pm »
Point taken.  I didn’t make myself clear as I wasn’t referring to unlawful activity.  I meant the freedom to explore outside the home without constant supervision.  Sorry about the confusion.

Well some still do.  Mine have, although I know in general where they are.  A group of friends trail riding, pr walking fields and woods with the dogs for examples.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer