Author Topic: Heart attack symptoms women shouldn't ignore  (Read 421 times)

rangerrebew

Heart attack symptoms women shouldn't ignore
« on: December 27, 2017, 01:25:08 pm »
Heart attack symptoms women shouldn't ignore

For both women and men, heart attack is a leading cause of death whose symptoms present vary differently between the sexes.

Those differences begin with the way men and women's coronary arteries tend to become blocked. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), men develop blockages primarily in the larger, main vessels, while women develop blockages in the smaller arteries.

While they present differently, they all should be taken seriously.

Statistically, 1 in 4 women will die of a heart attack, says the CDC. To help prevent your chances of having one, pursue a healthy lifestyle. You should also know the signs and symptoms so you can get help fast if you need it.

https://www.lifetothefullest.abbott/en/articles/women-s-heart-attack-symptoms-you-shouldn-t-ignore.html

Offline Applewood

Re: Heart attack symptoms women shouldn't ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:16:43 am »
Everyone knows the most popular symptom -- pain and pressure in the chest -- but among women, many who have a heart attack don't experience that symptom. 

Mine started with uncontrollable nausea and vomiting.  Called the doctor who said it's probably a bad stomach flu.  Well, it wasn't.  Ended up in the hospital.  Still told it was probably the flu, but they were going to treat me for dehydration.  Fell asleep, or so I thought.  Woke up on a table with 15 medical people surrounding me and a male nurse pounding on my chest.  I had arrested. 

Was asked about a hundred times if I had felt chest pain/pressure.  I hadn't. 

The article is correct:  Know ALL of the symptoms of a heart attack and never ignore them or brush them off as something minor.