Author Topic: Sorry Mike Huckabee, here are 5 major differences between Trump and Winston Churchill  (Read 629 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry Mike Huckabee, here are 5 major differences between Trump and Winston Churchill
by Tom Rogan | Dec 27, 2017, 2:04 PM

Mike Huckabee is wrong to compare President Trump with Winston Churchill.

Gov. Mike Huckabee
✔
@GovMikeHuckabee

Churchill was hated by his own party, opposition party, and press. Feared by King as reckless, and despised for his bluntness. But unlike Neville Chamberlain, he didn't retreat. We had a Chamberlain for 8 yrs; in @realDonaldTrump we have a Churchill.
1:34 PM - Dec 26, 2017

The first part of that statement is very simplistic, but at least a tad fair: Former President Barack Obama was a weak leader on the international stage who did much to invite and enable adversarial challenge.

Yet Trump and Churchill have very little in common. Don't get me wrong, my intention here is not to criticize or belittle Trump. However, Trump and Churchill's variable life experiences, interests, styles, and character all speak to divergence rather than commonality. Here are five major differences.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sorry-mike-huckabee-here-are-5-major-differences-between-trump-and-winston-churchill/article/2644456
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Last year, many in the press were following the dem's lead and comparing Trump to Hitler.

Now they are comparing him to Churchill.

What difference a year makes.  And we let the media jerk us around thusly. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Last year, many in the press were following the dem's lead and comparing Trump to Hitler.

Now they are comparing him to Churchill.

What difference a year makes.  And we let the media jerk us around thusly.
@truth_seeker
Well, we knew damn well Donaldus Minimus was no Hitler. But he's not exactly the second coming
of Winston Churchill, either. Though I admit, somewhat perversely, that it might have been mad fun
to see Winston Churchill on Twitter . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker
Well, we knew damn well Donaldus Minimus was no Hitler. But he's not exactly the second coming
of Winston Churchill, either. Though I admit, somewhat perversely, that it might have been mad fun
Trump was called Hitler here, along with white supremacist, alt right, and worse. Still is, by some losers.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Night Hides Not

@truth_seeker

Sir Winston would have no peers on Twitter. His sharp, acerbic wit was meant for Twitter.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

From the article:

Of course, Winston and Donald do have one thing in common: history has shown both to possess rather robust senses of humor

True.  And they both have another thing in common:  A robust and unabashed love of country---and a belief that it is worth saving.

Offline musiclady

Trump was called Hitler here, along with white supremacist, alt right, and worse. Still is, by some losers.

People who had crushes on Trump misinterpreted things that were said about him as calling him Hitler and a white supremacist.

Those things didn't happen.

Just in your imagination.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

People who had crushes on Trump misinterpreted things that were said about him as calling him Hitler and a white supremacist.

Those things didn't happen.  Just in your imagination.

No one "misinterpreted" anything the NT's threw at the President. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

He does generate some strong feelings.  Some can't stand him no matter what he does and others see no wrong in anything he does.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
@musiclady
It would be worth the price if some extraterrestrial means could be found to pit
Sir Winston and Donaldus Minimus against each other in a debate. Mind against
mind, wit (actual) against wit (alleged). I guarantee it---Churchill would mop the
floor, the walls, the ceilings, the windows, and the garage with Trump. (And
damn near anyone else going up against him.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady
It would be worth the price if some extraterrestrial means could be found to pit
Sir Winston and Donaldus Minimus against each other in a debate. Mind against
mind, wit (actual) against wit (alleged). I guarantee it---Churchill would mop the
floor, the walls, the ceilings, the windows, and the garage with Trump. (And
damn near anyone else going up against him.)

Of course he would.

That's why in debates, Trump resorted to third grade insults.

No mind.  No wit.  Just a big mouth (and now active tweet fingers).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.