Author Topic: The Memo: Five Republicans who could primary Trump in 2020  (Read 2445 times)

Offline corbe

Re: The Memo: Five Republicans who could primary Trump in 2020
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 11:58:08 pm »
   Great thoughts here @Mesaclone @jmyrlefuller @libertybele   

Less than 6 months ago Cruz as a third party candidate in 2020 was more than a wet dream for me but @Emjay convinced me I need to move on from my butt~hurt, and I have.  Even if things slowly prod along the next 3 years as they have this past year, something is better than nothing or moving backwards with ANY dem.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 01:37:09 am »
I'm a Republican too. So I could primary him too.

With as much chance as these 5 have of beating him.

A snowball in hell.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 02:00:49 am »
I'm a Republican too. So I could primary him too.

With as much chance as these 5 have of beating him.

A snowball in hell.

I don't think anyone will primary Trump unless things change drastically in the next 3 years.  Not only would they lose, but they'd lose all political creds.

That being said, the Postman's boy might do it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 02:03:27 am »
I don't think anyone will primary Trump unless things change drastically in the next 3 years.  Not only would they lose, but they'd lose all political creds.

That being said, the Postman's boy might do it.

I'm sure he will.  He never had any creds to begin with.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 12:32:42 pm »
Come reelection, Trump shouldn’t need to cancel his magazine subscriptions at 1600 as long as Mueller doesn’t come up with some explosive piece of new evidence, *wink wink*

You know, NTs may find this hard to understand but Trump people actually like Donald Trump aside from liking his agenda. I know I do.

When some call him bully, I say he’s forthright. When they say he insulted Ted Cruz and 15 other primary candidates, I say he’s good at reading and branding his competition. When they say that it only proves he’s mean, I say it proves he’s a natural born winner.

Honestly, it feels good to have a winner in the White House fighting for the American people and not some Foie gras-eating Globalists or K Street special interests.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 01:01:04 pm »
Looks to me like neither party has a worthwhile candidate.  The Dems perhaps have the worst slate of potential candidates, but the Republican possibilities aren't much better.  Kasich again?  Give me a break.

I was a Ted Cruz supporter, less so now.  But it doesn't matter.  I doubt he would run anyway. 

Every year it gets harder and harder to vote because the choices are so lousy.  I feel like sitting on the sidelines and not voting at all, but I promised my Dad I would vote in every election. 

Decent people won't run because they can't afford to or they don't have the energy to defend themselves against the nastiness and mudslinging.  The Alabama election proved there are a lot of evil people out there who will stop at nothing to destroy an opponent.  They aren't satisfied to try to win on the issues.   Now they have to wreck the candidate's entire life.  All they have to do is trot out a few bimbos to claim a candidate tapped them on the shoulder, call it inappropriate touching and the candidate is sunk.

The system needs a change.  Unfortunately, I  don't know how to change it and apparently, neither does anyone else. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 09:19:09 pm »
   Great thoughts here @Mesaclone @jmyrlefuller @libertybele   

Less than 6 months ago Cruz as a third party candidate in 2020 was more than a wet dream for me but @Emjay convinced me I need to move on from my butt~hurt, and I have.  Even if things slowly prod along the next 3 years as they have this past year, something is better than nothing or moving backwards with ANY dem.

There are two kinds of NeverTrumper's within the GOP. The first is the hard right types who, with some justification, feared Trump would govern as a liberal/centrist once the campaign was over (embodied by folks like  Glenn Beck, Stephen Hayes, Charles Krauthammer). The other...the more dangerous of the breed by far, are the faux-cons...Jeb Bush, Jon Kasich, Colin Powell types.

It is from the faux cons that we face real danger going towards 2020. These folks are likely...very likely...to put forward a ticket from their ranks that they believe will pull just enough from the GOP coalition to throw the election to the Dems. It will start with a primary challenge, which will get crushed by Trump and GOP voters...but will morph into a 3rd party candidacy...one that the press will quickly proclaim as a better, kinder, gentler offering of conservatism.

In their narrow minds, defeating Trump will force the rest of the party to once again accept the faux-con style of GOP leadership as preferable to genuine conservatism...a return to the "compassionate conservatism" ideal of the Bush era (ironic, as true conservatism IS inherently compassionate). Their entire goal is to shift the party to the Left...making it only mildly discernible from the Democratic party. These folks don't care if their antics hand the country over to the Left...because they see the Left as being...well...just fine. Its the Right they fear, and they see Trump as the embodiment of hard core conservatism in action...and they will do anything to defeat him, including burning down the house of the GOP.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 10:03:43 pm »
There are two kinds of NeverTrumper's within the GOP. The first is the hard right types who, with some justification, feared Trump would govern as a liberal/centrist once the campaign was over (embodied by folks like  Glenn Beck, Stephen Hayes, Charles Krauthammer). The other...the more dangerous of the breed by far, are the faux-cons...Jeb Bush, Jon Kasich, Colin Powell types.

It is from the faux cons that we face real danger going towards 2020. These folks are likely...very likely...to put forward a ticket from their ranks that they believe will pull just enough from the GOP coalition to throw the election to the Dems. It will start with a primary challenge, which will get crushed by Trump and GOP voters...but will morph into a 3rd party candidacy...one that the press will quickly proclaim as a better, kinder, gentler offering of conservatism.

In their narrow minds, defeating Trump will force the rest of the party to once again accept the faux-con style of GOP leadership as preferable to genuine conservatism...a return to the "compassionate conservatism" ideal of the Bush era (ironic, as true conservatism IS inherently compassionate). Their entire goal is to shift the party to the Left...making it only mildly discernible from the Democratic party. These folks don't care if their antics hand the country over to the Left...because they see the Left as being...well...just fine. Its the Right they fear, and they see Trump as the embodiment of hard core conservatism in action...and they will do anything to defeat him, including burning down the house of the GOP.

Nope.  Won't happen.  They won't trap themselves in a burning house.  They may silently (or not) wish for a kinder gentler President but If Trump runs, he will be the candidate.

So, someone tell me again, why are we discussing this so earnestly.  It's 3 years away.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 10:09:02 pm »
Nope.  Won't happen.  They won't trap themselves in a burning house.  They may silently (or not) wish for a kinder gentler President but If Trump runs, he will be the candidate.

So, someone tell me again, why are we discussing this so earnestly.  It's 3 years away.

Because lots of people around here take things way too bleep seriously.