Author Topic: Why are so many Americans angry about a tax cut?  (Read 914 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why are so many Americans angry about a tax cut?
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:57:51 pm »
Business
Why are so many Americans angry about a tax cut?

By John Crudele

December 25, 2017 | 11:40pm | Updated

Nobody turned away Santa Claus yesterday. At least, nobody I know did. So why are so many Americans against the Republican tax plan that was recently signed by President Trump?

Santa Trump gave American taxpayers a gift that they should have been thrilled and thankful to receive. Yet polls — starting from before the plan was actually passed — show that Americans hated the idea of a tax cut.

Quinnipiac’s poll, for instance, showed that just 25 percent of voters approved the plan. Other surveys — by ABC News and the Washington Post, CNN, Morning Consult and YouGov — put approval only slightly higher. But those were still nowhere near the support that past tax cuts received.

more
https://nypost.com/2017/12/25/why-are-so-many-americans-angry-about-a-tax-cut/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why are so many Americans angry about a tax cut?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:03:30 pm »
Polls! :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »
Hmmm, maybe because it’s not really a tax cut for most Americans. 

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 12:05:02 am »
Many Americans have been brainwashed by libs and the media that Big Gov. is best for them.  To be sure most Americans do not understand basic economics.  They think the pols/thieves in Washington know best what is good for them.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 12:10:35 am »

@Oceander
Why do you say that?  Someone had a link posted here the other day that did some quick and dirty comps and it looked to me like every tax bracket that pays has at least a slightly lower to a few thousand less bill.  Is there info you have that is different?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 01:10:00 am »

Maybe it's because they believe other Americans are getting tax cuts, and they aren't?  The press just spent about two months telling everybody these tax cuts are only for the rich....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 01:14:55 am »
@Oceander
Why do you say that?  Someone had a link posted here the other day that did some quick and dirty comps and it looked to me like every tax bracket that pays has at least a slightly lower to a few thousand less bill.  Is there info you have that is different?

Most Americans ARE getting tax cuts.  The ones who are likely not are in the Big Four soak 'em states:  NY, NJ, IL and CA.  They should be asking their local and state governments why their taxes are so high.  But they are not.  Because they know they are outvoted by the deadbeats that live among them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 01:17:29 am »
Maybe it's because we were told there would be a tax overhaul and we know this isn't really one; we know we're still paying too much in taxes for them to be wasted on people who should be working.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 01:18:23 am »
Most Americans ARE getting tax cuts.  The ones who are likely not are in the Big Four soak 'em states:  NY, NJ, IL and CA.  They should be asking their local and state governments why their taxes are so high.  But they are not.  Because they know they are outvoted by the deadbeats that live among them.

That's what I thought.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 01:27:19 am »
Maybe it's because we were told there would be a tax overhaul and we know this isn't really one; we know we're still paying too much in taxes for them to be wasted on people who should be working.

I want the wealth transfers to stop.  Stop taking money from people who work for a living and giving it to people who could be working but don't.  I know, I'm simpleminded....
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 01:49:30 am »
I want the wealth transfers to stop.  Stop taking money from people who work for a living and giving it to people who could be working but don't.  I know, I'm simpleminded....

I want a tax system that takes away the government's ability to conduct thhir social engineering experiments, that requires everyone to have so skin in the game, is completely transparent, that rewards effort and savings, is fair to everyone, and does not require the government to employ a gestapo like agency to collect, and completely unshackels the economy.  The Marxist income tax ain't it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 02:14:34 am »
The tax system didn't get .messed up with one change.  It's not going to get fixed in one change.

The reduction in corporate taxes is huge.   We should all be celebrating.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 02:19:31 am »
The tax system didn't get .messed up with one change.  It's not going to get fixed in one change.

I'm not being critical of the bill that just passed at all.  I'm just making the point that the overall system (the income tax)  is entirely unworthy of a supposedly FREE people and until we get rid of that we will all remain in essential slavery.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 02:56:52 am »

We should be pleased with a reduction in taxes.  But celebrating when I'm still having to pay in so all the baby mommas can stay home with their darling irresponsibilities?  No.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 03:04:26 pm »

IMO, the parallels to Reagan's 1st Term are profound and staggering.

My generation become politically 'aware' after getting a taste of what the Left offered.   ...the 'privilege' of waiting in hours-long lines to fill our tanks... on ODD-EVEN days corresponding with the last number on your plate.

This generation SHOULD find the same 'awareness', after feeling guilty of still being on their parents' health insurance, and being force-fed a 24/7 diet of 'Conservatives: Evil, Democrats" ...endorsed by the Pope'.   

This may be a case of what Ronald Reagan alluded to, when he said, "There's a pony in there, SOMEWHERE!"

But I see a tremendous opportunity for not only Donald Trump, but for the Republican Party.

"Amnesty" will prove to be the 'blood', the Queen Mother Democrat vampire needs, to survive.

....and then it will be "...new boss same as the old boss" again.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »

Over 40% of the votes needed to reach 270 in the Electoral College come from those 4 states (118, to be precise). In the next census, there may be 3-4 EC votes/House seats lost, with some or most going to red states.

These four are unlikely to turn purple anytime soon, but this is another step in the right direction.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 03:43:22 pm »

You got it. There're good political reasons Jerry Brown is currently playing to the illegal immigrant community and not CA rank & file taxpayers.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 03:47:57 pm »
We should be pleased with a reduction in taxes.  But celebrating when I'm still having to pay in so all the baby mommas can stay home with their darling irresponsibilities?  No.

That won't change anytime soon. According to old Ed Rollins there will be no entitlement reform in 2018 because of recent special elections the margin in the senate is now too thin.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 04:17:48 pm »

The reduction in corporate taxes will resonate through the economy next year --- as a powerful impetus for growth!

Offline Concerned

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »
At least for some of us, I think the author of the link in the OP answered his own question:

“I know why I opposed what the Republicans were doing. With the US already $20 trillion in debt, I think it was unconscionable for Washington to change the tax laws in a way that will increase that debt by $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years.

And that increase is on top of how much the debt is going to increase anyway. There were better ways to help the economy.

That’s why I thought the Republicans were making a big mistake. Someone had to be the grown up and I took on that part.”

I couldn’t agree more with his sentiment above, and I think there are more of us than he might think.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.