Author Topic: Trump Tax Cut An Ode To The Laffer Curve  (Read 425 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump Tax Cut An Ode To The Laffer Curve
« on: December 27, 2017, 09:43:20 pm »
townhall
Stephen Moore
Posted: Dec 27, 2017 12:01 AM

[excerpt]

https://townhall.com/columnists/stephenmoore/2017/12/27/trump-tax-cut-an-ode-to-the-laffer-curve-n2426406

The unsung hero of the GOP Christmas gift of a tax cut is Arthur Laffer -- the Reagan economist who helped devise the Gipper's tax reductions. Those tax cuts rebuilt the U.S. economy in the 1980s and pulled us out of the mini-depression of high inflation and unemployment in the late 1970s.

Some 30 years later, Laffer has struck again. House Speaker Paul Ryan tells me that there "were very few economists who had a bigger impact on this tax bill than Laffer. Believe, me our (Republican) members listen to him." Rep. Mark Meadows, the chairman of the Freedom Caucus, adds, "Laffer is one of our go-to guys on understanding the economy."

And why not? Laffer is the economist who over the last several decades has taught presidents, foreign leaders, governors and senators how taxes weigh on the economy. Just about 40 years ago he had a famous dinner in Washington with then-top White House advisers, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld, and drew them the famous chart on the cloth hotel napkin. The "Laffer Curve" teaches us that when tax rates get too high, they smother investment, saving, work and entrepreneurship.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

Re: Trump Tax Cut An Ode To The Laffer Curve
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 10:11:42 pm »
US tax rates were not far enough up the Laffer Curve for the cuts to pay for themselves. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:08:55 am »
Tax cuts by Kennedy, Regan, Thatcher, Bush II and Trump. Tax cuts good.

:patriot:

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:39:23 am »
US tax rates were not far enough up the Laffer Curve for the cuts to pay for themselves.

BS! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 04:59:07 am »
BS!

I just love the concept of a Tax Cut that doesn't 'pay for itself'.

Who the hell's money is it to begin with?

Even if Every bucket full of barnyard gold the Tax Cut Deniers tossed at Tax Cuts were true;

Even if Tax Cuts ONLY benefited the top 1%;

Even if they hoarded it like Scrooge McDuck and went swimming in it in a big pile,

WHO would you rather have handling the money?

The 1%, or;

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com