Author Topic: Rockets File Protest over Clippers Loss Because of Error on Foul Call  (Read 703 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rockets File Protest over Clippers Loss Because of Error on Foul Call
Scott Polacek
George Bridges/Associated Press

After losing to the Los Angeles Clippers 128-118 Friday, the Houston Rockets reportedly filed a protest regarding the outcome.

On Sunday, Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle reported the protest stemmed from the referees incorrectly assessing Jawun Evans' sixth foul to teammate Lou Williams, which allowed Evans to remain in the game. An NBA spokesperson revealed the league knew about the mistake, according to Feigen.

According to Feigen, there isn't much precedent for the league to uphold an official protest.

The last time it occurred was in 2008, when the Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks had to replay the last 51 seconds of a game after Miami's Shaquille O'Neal was initially deemed to have fouled out even though he had committed just five fouls.

Read more at: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750907-rockets-file-protest-over-clippers-loss-due-to-error-on-foul-call

They had a big winning streak going, now they've lost about their last 3 or 4. I caught sports radio talking about the NBA.  Rather exciting, I hope I can find that show again.

@corbe
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:26:11 pm by TomSea »

Offline corbe

Re: Rockets File Protest over Clippers Loss Because of Error on Foul Call
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 12:07:25 am »
   We lost @ OKC Thunder last night, that makes 3 in a row busting a 14 game winning streak.  We have 3 starters out, missing Chris Paul the most. We're still tied with the Warriors as having the best record in the NBA with the Spurs nipping our heels at 3 games behind.  We continue to hold the best Offensive team and the 4th defensively in the entire NBA.  As far as NBA Seasons go, 80+ games,  we just started the 2nd quarter.   I have hope in spite of their FIZZLE last year.   Thanks for the ping @TomSea I was unaware of this. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Rockets File Protest over Clippers Loss Because of Error on Foul Call
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 01:19:34 am »
Maybe Basketball players should start thinking of fouls as traffic tickets instead of the cost of doing business?  Get too many and you're done. 

"Oh, I have only 3 fouls, I should knock this guy on his ass so my friend with 5 can skate by."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:21:53 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: