Author Topic: U.S. Decision To Provide Anti-Tank Missiles To Ukraine Angers Russian Leaders  (Read 584 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Trump’s long-delayed decision to provide Ukraine with defensive lethal weapons signaled a new willingness to oppose Russian intervention in its neighbor, but has made European allies nervous that a recent hike in fighting could escalate.

The State Department said Friday that the administration would supply the government in Kiev with Javelin anti-tank missiles to destroy armored vehicles used by Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, and to raise the cost of Russia’s intervention in the conflict.

The Trump administration said earlier in the week that it also would permit sales of some small arms to Ukraine from U.S. manufacturers.

Ukraine long had sought the portable infrared-guided Javelins to blunt the insurgents’ advances. But some U.S. officials worried that providing the weapons could provoke the Kremlin to step up its military role and ruin any chance of easing tensions with Moscow.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-us-ukraine-20171226-story,amp.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Tough noogies

This is something I whole heartedly support Trump doing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:17:58 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline edpc

I’m not sure why Russia should be concerned.  They swear none of their troops are there.

Offline corbe

Tough noogies

Are you Stoned?   You do realize @Cripplecreek you'll NEVER receive any credit for supporting Trump in any fashion on anything, don't you?    ****slapping
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tough noogies

Should have been done years ago.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Waiting for the media to corner prominent Dems, "What have you accomplished in the last year besides screaming for Trump's Impeachment because he's Putin's stooge?"

Still waiting, . . . till we're playing ice hockey with Satan.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

Tough noogies

Same here

Offline edpc

What really upsets the Russians is the fact it’s a top attack IR system.  None of their active defense systems, reactive armor, or laser countermeasures can defeat it.