Author Topic: Trump to friends following tax bill: 'You all just got a lot richer'  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump to friends following tax bill: 'You all just got a lot richer'
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 11:10:33 pm »
It's like expecting Congress to pass a law limiting their terms, not gonna happen.  They love the tax code, it's how they get to tell all us peons how to live our lives.  I don't expect any serious correction of this situation short of another bloody revolution.  What's that old saying?  "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."  -- Claire Wolfe

Nail on the head.  They love it.  Status quo.  The story remains the same.  Trump just another wealthy politician doing the will of wealthy donors, lobbyists and politicians. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 11:21:53 pm »
Both sides are steering for the cliff, but one side promises to do it slower than the other.  My best hope, it seems, is to go with the slower one in hopes that I kick the bucket before the car goes Thelma and Louise on us.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 11:32:05 pm »
I had read this earlier.  To me its very bold and slightly offensive, unless the average American gets richer too.

If the average American is getting a tax cut then they are getting richer.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 11:35:48 pm »
I had read this earlier.  To me its very bold and slightly offensive, unless the average American gets richer too.

@Chosen Daughter

I find it offensive how much of our money the govt takes.  I find it offensive how they spend it.   I especially find the corruption offensive.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 01:24:51 am »

What, you think the average American is not in the Venn diagram  President Trump was speaking of... when he said "Friends".

As Reagan said, rising waters lift all boats. Personally, I will benefit from this on my personal taxes. More importantly..... I'll take the tide presented by this.. onward to better fortune.

Count me at #Trumpfriend...#betterthanthe$40.00Igotfromobama.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Concerned

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2017, 12:57:54 pm »
Maybe you're not asking the right questions of the right people.  You and others in the states you describe should be asking your own State and Local governments why they tax so much from you that you need to itemize your Federal 1040 to get a break.

Limiting SALT takes away my need to itemize due to state and local taxes, but I’ll still need to itemize next year because my wife is extremely generous in donating money to charity.  Unfortunately I can’t convince her that this tax bill actually financially encourages us to significantly reduce our charitable contributions.

Yet more proof she’s a much better person than I.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:03:14 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 07:57:00 pm »
Cutting the 'pass through' Corporate Income Tax from 35% to 21% is going to INCREASE the PURCHASING POWER of every dollar I spend by at least 14 cents. Not immediately, but over time as American Investment capital, and jobs, repatriate themselves back to America.

I would rather my dollars be worth 14 cents more than have some 3%, 4%, or 5% token tax cut out of the taxes that are actually identified as taxes on the 'Average Working Joe and Jane'.

Both would be ideal, but 14 cents per dollar will do me more good than 5 cents per dollar.

Canada Could Get Squashed by Trump's Tax Overhaul.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=296258.msg1552669#msg1552669

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Fantom

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 01:15:48 am »
Limiting SALT takes away my need to itemize due to state and local taxes, but I’ll still need to itemize next year because my wife is extremely generous in donating money to charity.  Unfortunately I can’t convince her that this tax bill actually financially encourages us to significantly reduce our charitable contributions.

Yet more proof she’s a much better person than I.

That is why they are called the "Better Half". 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass