Author Topic: Impeachment debate divides Democrats as 2018 wave builds  (Read 379 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Impeachment debate divides Democrats as 2018 wave builds
« on: December 26, 2017, 03:48:48 pm »
 Impeachment debate divides Democrats as 2018 wave builds

If Democrats take back the House, they’ll immediately face pressure from their base to impeach Trump. But it may not be their best move.

By KYLE CHENEY and HEATHER CAYGLE

12/26/2017 05:03 AM EST

A tidal wave of liberal disdain for President Donald Trump may help deliver the House to Democrats in 2018. And if it does, the new majority will face an immediate, fateful choice: to pursue Trump's impeachment as the base demands, or to coax their allies away from the doomsday button.

Democratic lawmakers acknowledge that their voters are hungry for Trump’s removal from office, even if there is no consensus on the grounds for his impeachment. Polls on the question show as many as three-quarters of Democrats already back impeachment, and one deep-pocketed ally, California megadonor Tom Steyer, has been mounting an expensive pressure campaign across the country to build support for Trump's impeachment. Democratic hostility toward the Republican president seems to intensify daily.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/26/impeachment-debate-democrats-2018-congress-314634
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Impeachment debate divides Democrats as 2018 wave builds
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:50:48 pm »
It would be a ridiculously stupid thing to do.  For evidence, see what happened to the GOP when they impeached Clinton.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 03:52:42 pm »
I've got their "wave"

buh bye

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:35:12 pm »
I've got their "wave"

buh bye

Best Christmas present I could ask for.

Democrats eating each other.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com