Author Topic: Feds Found Fetuses in Ghastly Body Parts Warehouse Raid  (Read 434 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Found Fetuses in Ghastly Body Parts Warehouse Raid
« on: December 27, 2017, 02:33:52 pm »
Feds Found Fetuses in Ghastly Body Parts Warehouse Raid

December 26, 2017| by Donn Marten

Last year, we reported on the case of a ghoulish Michigan couple who were busted by federal authorities for trafficking in black market body parts, some which were diseased and were then rented and sold to medical students. In some cases, the pieces were infected with HIV.

The charming couple – Arthur and Elizabeth Rathburn of Gross Pointe – were indicted on multiple counts for their body shop operation where they sold and rented out bits and pieces of cadavers, some which they dismembered using a chainsaw, a band saw and a reciprocating saw.

According to a 2016 Detroit Free Press story on the raid:

https://downtrend.com/feds-found-fetuses-in-ghastly-body-parts-warehouse-raid/

Offline Suppressed

Re: Feds Found Fetuses in Ghastly Body Parts Warehouse Raid
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »
There are legitimate "body shop" operations.

The buying and selling of cadavers and other body parts — with the exception of organs used in transplants — is legal and virtually unregulated in America. But trading in fetal tissue violates U.S. law.

Can anyone explain why a special law for fetal tissue is legitimate? What's the point?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »
There are legitimate "body shop" operations.

Can anyone explain why a special law for fetal tissue is legitimate? What's the point?

Because killing babies in the womb isn't illegal?  A need to prevent that from becoming the cause of the abortion?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 04:53:33 pm »
Because killing babies in the womb isn't illegal?  A need to prevent that from becoming the cause of the abortion?

Okay, so we now make things illegal because someone might do something legal for the wrong reason??

That sure turns American freedom on its head, and makes me wonder about all kinds of laws that could be passed just because someone might do something The State doesn't like (but isn't illegal).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn