Author Topic: Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed  (Read 1305 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed

by Paul Bedard | Dec 21, 2017, 1:04 PM

With the passage of the GOP tax bill this week, the Trump administration has scored 81 major achievements in its first year, making good on campaign promises to provide significant tax cuts, boost U.S. energy production, and restore respect to the United States, according to the White House.

And along the way, President Trump even outdid his own expectations and slashed at least 11 major legacy items of former President Barack Obama, including cracking down on the open border, slowing recognition of communist Cuba and effectively killing Obamacare by ending the mandate that everyone have health insurance or face a tax.

According to the White House, the 81 accomplishments are in 12 major categories and include well over 100 other minor achievements.

The unofficial list helps to counter the impression in the mainstream media and among congressional Democrats that outside the approval of Supreme Court Neil Gorsuch and passage of the tax reform bill little was done.

Administrations typically tout their achievements broadly at the end of each year, but Trump plans to list jobs added, regulations killed, foreign policy victories won, and moves to help veterans and even drug addicts.

And in a sign of support for conservatives, the White House also is highlighting achievements for the pro-life community.

Below are the 12 categories and 81 wins cited by the White House.

Jobs and the economy

•Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.
•Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.
•Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.
•Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.
•A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.
•A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.
•A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.
•Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.

Killing job-stifling regulations

•Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.
•Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.
•Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.
•Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit approvals.
•Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly targeted the coal industry.

ten more categories (including pro-life, national security return to peace through strength...all solid conservative policies)

snip

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/year-one-list-81-major-trump-achievements-11-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:59:40 am »
I couldn't be happier.

Trump has far exceeded my wildest hopes.  He's the most conservative President since Reagan.

I won't run away from my comments on this forum in early 2016.  I didn't like him or trust him.  He was, in the parlance of the early UFC, using Couture "dirty boxing" against candidates - Cruz, Rubio, Walker et al - who I like and respect.

But, the night of the Indiana Primary I knew it was an "anyone but Hillary" mission and Trump has delighted me both with his policies and approach.  I don't care about his impolitics on certain Twitter outbursts, he's revolutionized the way POTUS communicates with Americans and he accurately concluded that the elites would bury him had he relied on traditional outlets to report his accomplishments and message.

Trump is a force of nature.  I can shake my head, roll my eyes and wonder "Was that necessary" but I will never doubt his instincts and focus.   Donald Trump is an American patriot.   Something the last guy in that office was not.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 01:47:12 am »
Third time this article has been posted.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 06:21:56 pm »

Some knees haven't yet bent.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 06:25:39 pm »

I think I am being targeted.   :tongue2:

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 06:28:57 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 02:49:10 am »

I think I posted this list myself a few weeks ago.

But, if the mods don't notice, why not?  Everybody may not have seen it the first time round.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 02:55:39 am »

You are a mean one mrs Grinch.  You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel and as
bad as a banana with a greasy black peel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 03:12:29 am »
I couldn't be happier.

Trump has far exceeded my wildest hopes.  He's the most conservative President since Reagan.

I won't run away from my comments on this forum in early 2016.  I didn't like him or trust him.  He was, in the parlance of the early UFC, using Couture "dirty boxing" against candidates - Cruz, Rubio, Walker et al - who I like and respect.

But, the night of the Indiana Primary I knew it was an "anyone but Hillary" mission and Trump has delighted me both with his policies and approach.  I don't care about his impolitics on certain Twitter outbursts, he's revolutionized the way POTUS communicates with Americans and he accurately concluded that the elites would bury him had he relied on traditional outlets to report his accomplishments and message.

Trump is a force of nature.  I can shake my head, roll my eyes and wonder "Was that necessary" but I will never doubt his instincts and focus.   Donald Trump is an American patriot.   Something the last guy in that office was not.

You sir....,  :beer:   Happy New Year,  @ArneFufkin

edited to add:  It wouldn't have mattered it been the fifth time posted, he's the forum's 'E.F. Hutton' in his best Houseman voice.

So we should 'Listen'.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 03:17:45 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 03:24:39 am »
You are a mean one mrs Grinch.  You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel and as
bad as a banana with a greasy black peel.

Flattery will get you nowhere.  You will also need a Tiffany's box.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 03:26:32 am »
I think I posted this list myself a few weeks ago.

But, if the mods don't notice, why not?  Everybody may not have seen it the first time round.

It was only published 4 days ago, so...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 04:12:18 am »

I was most impressed with stuff he saw and the times he got on planes.  Amazing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 08:33:01 am »
It was only published 4 days ago, so...

A Festivus miracle!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn