Author Topic: Trump Spent Christmas Eve Personally Thanking Hundreds of Armed Service Members Around The World  (Read 1653 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Benny Johnson
5:11 PM 12/24/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/24/trump-spent-christmas-eve-chatting-with-hundreds-of-armed-service-members-around-the-world/

Donald Trump is spending Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, or as he calls it, “The Winter White House.”

Being in sunny Florida did not stop Trump from reaching out to hundreds of members of the armed service around the globe, some in active war zones. Trump spoke via video teleconference to rooms packed full of service members stationed in Qatar, Kuwait, Guantanamo Bay and the USS Sampson in 5th Fleet OPS Underway, according to the pool report.

Trump spoke to five deployed units, one from each branch.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
dailycaller
Benny Johnson
5:11 PM 12/24/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/24/trump-spent-christmas-eve-chatting-with-hundreds-of-armed-service-members-around-the-world/

Donald Trump is spending Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, or as he calls it, “The Winter White House.”

Being in sunny Florida did not stop Trump from reaching out to hundreds of members of the armed service around the globe, some in active war zones. Trump spoke via video teleconference to rooms packed full of service members stationed in Qatar, Kuwait, Guantanamo Bay and the USS Sampson in 5th Fleet OPS Underway, according to the pool report.

Trump spoke to five deployed units, one from each branch.

Something to respect Trump for which was so sorely lacking with Obama.  Our troops deserve so much better than they have been getting.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:13:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Wulf Anson Author
Something to respect Trump for which was so sorely lacking with Obama.  Our troops deserve so much better than they have been getting.

Horror Show: The VA Hired Health Care Workers With Revoked Medical Licenses For Years

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/12/23/horror-show-the-va-hired-health-care-workers-with-revoked-medical-licenses-for-ye-n2426403

:amen: :amen: :amen:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Horror Show: The VA Hired Health Care Workers With Revoked Medical Licenses For Years

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/12/23/horror-show-the-va-hired-health-care-workers-with-revoked-medical-licenses-for-ye-n2426403

:amen: :amen: :amen:

That is a horror story.  Our troops need the best of care.

When I think of our military and what they do for us I always am reminded of this:

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Wulf Anson Author

I don't Know what the enlistment papers say, and I don't care.

Whether it's in them or not, the VA is a part of the legally binding contract our men and women sign when they agree to risk and sacrifice life and limb for the rest of us.

It is not an entitlement, and WE OWE THEM THE BEST.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Whether it's in them or not, the VA is a part of the legally binding contract our men and women sign when they agree to risk and sacrifice life and limb for the rest of us.

Amen.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Heck the active duty care sucks.  Army doctors almost killed my wife thru incompetence and dereliction.  Then they were going to put her on a plane to Hawaii knowing she wouldn't make it despite a qualified doctor being right there.

Oh that was after they stole her records to cover up their incompetence.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Heck the active duty care sucks.  Army doctors almost killed my wife thru incompetence and dereliction.  Then they were going to put her on a plane to Hawaii knowing she wouldn't make it despite a qualified doctor being right there.

Oh that was after they stole her records to cover up their incompetence.

I am so sorry.  I have a personal story too, but can't share it here.  So sorry you went through that.

Offline RoosGirl

This was really nice of Trump to take the time to do this.

• Wulf Anson Author
This was really nice of Trump to take the time to do this.

When the Dems do things resulting in facetime, it's always the Optics, How will it play?

With Trump, I believe he means it. It's not just What will everyone think of me?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When the Dems do things resulting in facetime, it's always the Optics, How will it play?

With Trump, I believe he means it. It's not just What will everyone think of me?

After almost a year in office I get the feeling Trump doesn't give a shit what other people think how something might 'Look"!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

• Wulf Anson Author
After almost a year in office I get the feeling Trump doesn't give a shit what other people think how something might 'Look"!

William F. Buckley was asked what he thought let Reagan accomplish so much.

Buckley replied:

"I believe it was because Ronald Reagan truly never Cared what the New York Times said about him."

Offline RoosGirl

Of course he does, or he wouldn't respond to every slight via Twitter.

Offline Fantom

[imghttps://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yNjRxXgrPZQ/VxFiy5GeJ8I/AAAAAAAAMoo/OixzOzZN8fQK8DGsTF4TG_IPagAQ3taoQCLcB/s1600/va-hospital-cartoon-fitzsimmons-495x344.jpg[/img]

We owe them the best. I agree to a point. Those serving as career, and actual combat zone...top notch. Including going outside the VA , at their discretion for treatment.

Now, for the vast majority of "One and Done" signing up for free college afterwards. No we do not owe them lifetime medical. It is just a short term job.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:33:32 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Night Hides Not

We owe them the best. I agree to a point. Those serving as career, and actual combat zone...top notch. Including going outside the VA , at their discretion for treatment.

Now, for the vast majority of "One and Done" signing up for free college afterwards. No we do not owe them lifetime medical. It is just a short term job.

“Vast majority”? What is the basis for that characterization? Sure, there’s plenty that sign up for the bennies, but you still have to perform to the standards.

As @To-Whose-Benefit? said, the contract must be upheld. If you served @Fantom , thank you for your service. If not, you missed out on some amazing experiences.

Short-term job, my arse.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:46:56 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Of course he does, or he wouldn't respond to every slight via Twitter.

Or he does it, Just to piss people like you off. 

Offline RoosGirl

Or he does it, Just to piss people like you off.

Pissed off by it?  No.  Disappointed in it?  Yep.

Offline Fantom

“Vast majority”? What is the basis for that characterization? Sure, there’s plenty that sign up for the bennies, but you still have to perform to the standards.

Like any job.

@Night Hides Not, obviously I am speaking of the "one and done'rs".

Everyone who signs up is not a hero. Most will never leave Stateside.. it is just a job. An education is one hell of a severance package. Lifetime health.. ah .... no.

When they face what my Dad did in Sicily...Italy in WW II or my Grandfather in WW I... or today in Afganistan/Syria/Nigeria. Sure... combat zone.

But my job is more dangerous than almost every MOS(non-combat). Get back to me when that changes.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Wingnut

Pissed off by it?  No.  Disappointed in it?  Yep.

You just are not Trump material. 

Offline RoosGirl

Hah, I thought that was rather well established long ago!

Offline Fantom

I'll not denigrate this thread.

It is good we finally have a Commander in Chief again. And for those serving in far away lands.... I commend you, and recognize the sacrifice.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:06:32 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Trump's tweets used to bother me.  But, now, they don't.

I think he knows what he's doing with them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.