Author Topic: Millionaire MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Is Downsizing  (Read 765 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Millionaire MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Is Downsizing
« on: December 24, 2017, 11:33:58 am »
Millionaire MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Is Downsizing
Daily Caller, Dec 22, 2017, Betsy Rothstein

MSNBC “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough is selling his multi-million dollar, Colonial-style, 7,826 square-foot house in New Canaan, Conn., where he resides with his son and daughter. The daughter will soon be going off to school, leaving the large home for just him and his son. Presumably his fiancé Mika Brzezinski spends time there, too.

Scarborough says he’s ready to downsize. The plan is to buy another house nearby.

According to a hometown rag, Scarborough is trying to sell the sprawling home. But so far things aren’t looking too good — they’ve had to lower the price at least once by $409K. The home has been on the market for 40 days.  Scarborough purchased the home for $4,600,000 in 2011.  The current asking price: $3,690,000.

More: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/22/millionaire-msnbc-host-joe-scarborough-is-downsizing/

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Millionaire MSNBC Host Joe Scarborough Is Downsizing
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:35:37 am »
Too many high priced homes on the market in the area, high real estate taxes and now the new tax law that limits SALT. 

Good luck, Joe.   :smokin:

Offline verga

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 01:03:11 pm »
My heart bleeds for him. / sarc
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 02:36:22 pm »
A $4.6 million home and they're lowering the price after only 40 days?  My understanding is that it takes a very long time to sell a home in that price range.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 02:48:11 pm »
A $4.6 million home and they're lowering the price after only 40 days?  My understanding is that it takes a very long time to sell a home in that price range.

Exactly. Dropping that much, that fast screams fire sale. Maybe Mika is about to accuse him of groping and he's losing his job.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 03:01:30 pm »

I'm not sure why its even a story aside from the usual hooting monkeys are somehow convinced it helps them or harms Scarborough  in some way.

My guess is that the place was intentionally overpriced to begin with. The realtor did the same with my neighbor's house. The realtor listed it at 300 grand which the seller said was too high but it was a sales tactic. The realtor cut the price by 50 grand the first time then increments of 5 thousand till it was firmly listed at 200 thousand. The seller hoped for 200 but would take 150 and in the end got 190.

Retail stores do it all the time. Jack the prices up then have a sale.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 03:08:07 pm »
I'm not sure why its even a story aside from the usual hooting monkeys are somehow convinced it helps them or harms Scarborough  in some way.

My guess is that the place was intentionally overpriced to begin with. The realtor did the same with my neighbor's house. The realtor listed it at 300 grand which the seller said was too high but it was a sales tactic. The realtor cut the price by 50 grand the first time then increments of 5 thousand till it was firmly listed at 200 thousand. The seller hoped for 200 but would take 150 and in the end got 190.

Retail stores do it all the time. Jack the prices up then have a sale.

Your neighbor had a shit real estate agent. This isn't a tactic. This isn't some shirt at K-Mart. Massive price adjustments over a short time span scream trouble, especially in this price bracket.