Author Topic: Text of a Letter from the President to the Congress of the United States -  (Read 8561 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Text of a Letter from the President to the Congress of the United States -
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2017, 03:27:46 am »
Ok fine, you're going to make me say it.  If it were an Obama EO @DCPatriot would be spitting on it, but because it's a Trump EO he is not.

I don't want to go there, I'm trying to keep this thread on topic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2017, 03:28:25 am »
Pretty much!

The first designations of individuals and entities sanctioned pursuant to the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act (“Global Magnitsky”) are expected shortly. Congress enacted Global Magnitsky in late 2016, authorizing the President to seize property from and deny visas to:

1)    Foreign parties responsible for gross human rights violations committed against individuals who seek to promote human rights or to expose illegal activity carried out by government officials, or

2)    Government officials responsible for, or complicit in, significant acts of corruption.

Foreign persons who have materially assisted the significant acts of corruption may also be sanctioned. Global Magnitsky expanded on the Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012. The original sanctions targeted Russian officials alleged to have engaged in human rights violations and public corruption.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So......where are we wrong?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fantom

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2017, 03:30:16 am »
Look around.  There's plenty of spit on this EO right now.  Some like it, some don't.  Personally, it worries me for the same reason it worries you.

Right, it places a lot of power. One could conjure up historical parallels.

Here is the underlying act. https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Documents/ieepa.pdf

Would seem it is aimed at China ..it is an outward facing act. Or any other Nation...and those who helped them.... Uranium One?  However, I see war with N Korea... this is aimed at Chinna....power play.

United States Code Annotated
Title 50. War and National Defense
Chapter 35. International Emergency Economic Powers
§ 1701. Unusual and extraordinary threat; declaration of national
emergency; exercise of Presidential authorities
(a) Any authority granted to the President by section 1702 of this
title may be exercised to deal with any unusual and extraordinary
threat, which has its source in whole or substantial part outside the
United States, to the national security, foreign policy, or economy of
the United States, if the President declares a national emergency with
respect to such threat.
(b) The authorities grant
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:33:48 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2017, 03:32:49 am »
(sigh)
The Briefingroom's "Seinfeld thread" of the day...   ;)

@Fishrrman

In TBR's all inclusive idea of humanity and respect for ALL Religions, they already have a Seinfeld's (Festivus) Thread going.  But I'm with you on this EO, (I think) its all about nothing and until our resident Lawyers or Madonna pipes in, I'm lost, but since Trump did it, I'm probably against it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2017, 03:38:19 am »
The first designations of individuals and entities sanctioned pursuant to the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act (“Global Magnitsky”) are expected shortly. Congress enacted Global Magnitsky in late 2016, authorizing the President to seize property from and deny visas to:

1)    Foreign parties responsible for gross human rights violations committed against individuals who seek to promote human rights or to expose illegal activity carried out by government officials, or

2)    Government officials responsible for, or complicit in, significant acts of corruption.

Foreign persons who have materially assisted the significant acts of corruption may also be sanctioned. Global Magnitsky expanded on the Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012. The original sanctions targeted Russian officials alleged to have engaged in human rights violations and public corruption.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So......where are we wrong?   :shrug:

In the EO's very first paragraph, the key words "human rights abuse and corruption" were used three times.  This is a direct reference to the act you just quoted from.  This EO is the enabling Order necessary to trigger that act.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2017, 03:43:29 am »
Pretty much!

I do not post much, unless, of course, it is baseball.  This is not a story line of "something about nothing." This is  a present to us from our POTUS.  Tear the words apart.  Every word has been placed where it is for a very specific reason.  Really!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:48:23 am by Slip18 »
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Fantom

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2017, 03:52:45 am »
I do not post much, unless, of course, it is baseball.  This is not a story line of "something about nothing." This is  a present to us from our POTUS.  Tear the words apart.  Every word has been placed where it is for a very specific reason.  Really!

Biggly so.  :amen:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2017, 04:00:51 am »
The list of names and what they're notorious for:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/heres-a-surprise-advocates-praise-trumps-list-of-human?utm_term=.da9VkDyxbb#.em6V2LndQQ

Damn... I hoped it was Sorros...

Dan Gertler

An Israeli businessman and billionaire

Frederick Douglass

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2017, 04:06:04 am »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/heres-a-surprise-advocates-praise-trumps-list-of-human?utm_term=.da9VkDyxbb#.em6V2LndQQ

Nice find, RoosGirl!  I do want  know more about these Annexed people.

Did you notice the word "Junglers" was used in association with the first and final name?

Nice! 888high58888
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:07:16 am by Slip18 »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2017, 04:06:37 am »

I was commenting on the hyperventilating going on, and the attempts to politicize this one way or another.

At first read, the actual executive order is a fairly cut-and-dried implementation of sanctions targeted at a specific group of actors that have been processed through the mechanisms of Global Magnitsky Act.  (BTW, Global Magnitsky was signed into law by Obama in December of 2016.)

While is certainly is laudable that Trump is using the powers of Global Magnitsky to punish bad actors using the force of US law, I must stress that it is premature to assume that anyone's "favorite" or un-favorite targets within the US will, or won't, be penalized via these sanctions (especially given the initial set of actors specified in the Annex).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2017, 04:06:58 am »

Nice find.  After I got past the Trump/Russia collusion BS (it IS Buzzfeed), the list of names was nice to see.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:10:07 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2017, 04:18:49 am »
Yeah, I know, Buzzfeed, but there's a link back to the original Treasury information with more in depth info including all of the aliases and organizations associated with each person.  I suppose some enterprising person could take that full list and then go look at the Clinton Foundation website and see if anything matched up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2017, 04:24:35 am »
Yeah, I know, Buzzfeed, but there's a link back to the original Treasury information with more in depth info including all of the aliases and organizations associated with each person.  I suppose some enterprising person could take that full list and then go look at the Clinton Foundation website and see if anything matched up.

That's what I'm hoping for.  I don't have a clue where to find the Foundation's donor lists, but if this list tracks back to them, we're in for some interesting fireworks.  Is that at the Clinton Foundation website?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2017, 04:25:42 am »
@EdJames

You are 100% correct in what you have said. Nothing may come of this EO.  It may be a scare tactic.  You can bet your bottom dollar (if you are inclined to do such a thing) that this may just put the brakes on to anyone who trys to pull a Clinton on us again.  I, personally, think she will not endure any repercussions of any kind.  She is too old, frail and famous for anything to happen to her sweet little, albeit, grande mal seizurelike face.

And that just pisses me off to no end!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:27:41 am by Slip18 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2017, 04:26:26 am »
That's what I'm hoping for.  I don't have a clue where to find the Foundation's donor lists, but if this list tracks back to them, we're in for some interesting fireworks.  Is that at the Clinton Foundation website?

Yep, pretty easy to find, but a bit of a pain to look through because it's separated by donation amounts and then certain amounts have more than one page of donors.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2017, 04:53:06 am »
@EdJames

You are 100% correct in what you have said. Nothing may come of this EO.  It may be a scare tactic.  You can bet your bottom dollar (if you are inclined to do such a thing) that this may just put the brakes on to anyone who trys to pull a Clinton on us again.  I, personally, think she will not endure any repercussions of any kind.  She is too old, frail and famous for anything to happen to her sweet little, albeit, grande mal seizurelike face.

And that just pisses me off to no end!

It is quid pro quo. Mueler goes away, no clinton/obama prosecution.

Sucks because THEY are guilty, but allows the Trump, Conservative alliance agenda to go forward. If one wishes to read that into the undercard of this act and order.

On the other hand... maybe the whole kit and kaboddle , obama/clinton brought to justice, NK ostensibly the one targeted.

I know I always play the game with multiple paths/objectives. Pressure the whole front, seize any openings, rest/look weak, where you want them to strike.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2017, 04:58:52 am »
It is quid pro quo. Mueler goes away, no clinton/obama prosecution.

Sucks because THEY are guilty, but allows the Trump, Conservative alliance agenda to go forward. If one wishes to read that into the undercard of this act and order.

On the other hand... maybe the whole kit and kaboddle , obama/clinton brought to justice, NK ostensibly the one targeted.

I know I always play the game with multiple paths/objectives. Pressure the whole front, seize any openings, rest/look weak, where you want them to strike.

I'm kinda questioning the idea that your are but a simple bricklayer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2017, 05:07:01 am »
I'm kinda questioning the idea that your are but a simple bricklayer.

I have laid somewhere between 3 and 4 million brick in my life. A half million block and Lord knows how many ton of stone.

Believe me, after the first million brick, you no longer have to think about it. Leaves years(decades) for the mind to wander.

My mind, long ago, wandered off the reservation.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2017, 05:42:41 am »
I have laid somewhere between 3 and 4 million brick in my life. A half million block and Lord knows how many ton of stone.

Believe me, after the first million brick, you no longer have to think about it. Leaves years(decades) for the mind to wander.

I used to lay brick back in the day, but the floor fell through in the price of cocaine and I got out of it.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2017, 05:43:00 am »

My mind wandered after laying about 2200 pavers incorrectly in our backyard.  Forgot about the little itsy bitsy slope!  Still working on the repair some three years later.

Talk about wandering off the reservation!  It is still a lot of fun, though, nothing like dusting and vacuuming. :blonde moment:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2017, 05:47:08 am »
I used to lay brick back in the day, but the floor fell through in the price of cocaine and I got out of it.

Awww, geez, Frank. Slapping my head!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2017, 05:49:02 am »
Awww, geez, Frank. Slapping my head!

Slap Slip? So silly.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2017, 06:02:23 am »
Slap Slip? So silly.

That dress looks pretty silly on you!  I have one just like it.  Hairy legs?  Ewwwww!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2017, 06:22:01 am »
@Frank Cannon

Wake up, Frank!  I used to live in Culver City.  That would be right next to where you are buried!  Are you near MM?  I could have walked all over you with my boots.  They were made for walking, ya know?