Author Topic: Dear rich liberal who announces he doesn’t need a tax cut: That’s not why it was passed, bro  (Read 489 times)

rangerrebew

Dear rich liberal who announces he doesn’t need a tax cut: That’s not why it was passed, bro
Dan Calabrese image

By Dan Calabrese —— Bio and Archives--December 25, 2017

Nick Hanauer is a very successful entrepreneur, and here at The Cain we have nothing but respect for that. But that doesn’t make him an expert on macroeconomics, despite the long-established determination of the left to use him for that purpose.

Hanauer is known for his TED talks and presentations in other venues in which he insists that corporate tax cuts don’t result in growth or job growth. So it was no surprise that he would produce a video like this one just as those very things were happening, claiming the tax cut shouldn’t go through because he doesn’t need it:

http://canadafreepress.com/article/dear-rich-liberal-who-announces-he-doesnt-need-a-tax-cut-thats-not-why-it-w

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The guy sounds like Warren Buffett and Ben Stein:  "The rich aren't taxed enough," but neither will voluntarily write a check to the US Treasury to offset their tax cuts.  Last I heard, Buffett was fighting a lawsuit over his taxes (it was a while ago, so it's probably been settled by now).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

The guy sounds like Warren Buffett and Ben Stein:  "The rich aren't taxed enough," but neither will voluntarily write a check to the US Treasury to offset their tax cuts.  Last I heard, Buffett was fighting a lawsuit over his taxes (it was a while ago, so it's probably been settled by now).

It was Buffett’s company, and I think the stakes were in the $5 billion range. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It was Buffett’s company, and I think the stakes were in the $5 billion range.

I don't recall the specifics.  I was under the impression at the time it was less than a Million, and was his personal money.  We could be talking about two different things....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When rich people say that rich people aren't taxed enough, what they really mean is that OTHER rich people, especially those pesky nouveau riche types, aren't taxed enough.

The old-money rich people have their assets buried in trusts, foundations and offshore accounts. The last thing they want is competition.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When rich people say that rich people aren't taxed enough, what they really mean is that OTHER rich people, especially those pesky nouveau riche types, aren't taxed enough.

The old-money rich people have their assets buried in trusts, foundations and offshore accounts. The last thing they want is competition.

Competition for what?  President of the Yacht Club?  I don't think the Old Money people have contempt for the Nouveau Riche because of the competition, it's because they think they're scum.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:00:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.