Author Topic: (Newsweek)Trump’s Wall Isn’t Going to Stem the Flow of Undocumented Immigrants  (Read 701 times)

rangerrebew

Trump’s Wall Isn’t Going to Stem the Flow of Undocumented Immigrants
By Fredy Burgos On 12/20/17 at 6:10 AM

President Trump could build a 100-foot-tall border wall and it still wouldn't end illegal immigration.

That's because two out of every three illegal aliens don't sneak across the border. They legally come to America as students, tourists, or guest workers—and then overstay their visas.

Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) recently introduced a bill to prevent anyone unauthorized to work in the United States from competing with American workers. The Legal Workforce Act would require all employers to use E-Verify.

http://www.newsweek.com/trumps-wall-isnt-going-stem-flow-undocumented-immigrants-751639?yptr=yahoo

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Not one thing is the cure all.  It takes a fence, it takes agents, cameras, and enforcement.   The biggest part is probably keeping them from working when they get here.  If they can't work they will self deport and won't come.

If we need cheap labor then change the immigration system to allow them to come in legally.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

This oped is surprisingly frank about the negative effects of illegal immigration.

Since Newsweek has seen the light on the issue and has become pro border security, they shouldn't have any problem with pursuing both Everify AND a border wall.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let's see the guy in the video in reply #1 above repeat his trick against this: