Author Topic: McConnell Mocks ‘Political Genius’ Bannon Over Moore Defeat: He Threw Away a Seat in ‘The Reddest St  (Read 7182 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He does, but not by this fellow who did as much as Bannon did to lose that seat to the Democrats.

Actually, Mitch did much more to lose the seat to Democrats.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The fact those most interested in selling this fraud weren't completely buying it themselves shouldn't be either.

A "fraud" who served his country and his state with great honor for more than 50 years.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Scream at the Turtle all you want, but he's right on this one. The episode was a colossal fail from start to finish.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Scream at the Turtle all you want, but he's right on this one. The episode was a colossal fail from start to finish.

Only if you count start as when McConnell and crew stuck their noses into other peoples business.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

I know that we’re at a point where we can’t acknowledge a random true statement from someone we generally don’t care for, and that doing so means we’re a traitor or something. But he’s right.  I don’t see how anyone can not understand Bannon is total poison.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Only if you count start as when McConnell and crew stuck their noses into other peoples business.

Conservatism has gone from "personal responsibility" to "blame everything on the GOP-e"... seemingly overnight.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The alleged anti-GOP-e attitude really does seem to sprout quite a bit from Breitbart and Infowars, whether folks get it from there originally. I'd be real careful.  I mean blaming things on Paul Ryan? Really? It really seems like extremist fringe talk and not too healthy at that. It's a bogeyman.

Offline Night Hides Not

I know that we’re at a point where we can’t acknowledge a random true statement from someone we generally don’t care for, and that doing so means we’re a traitor or something. But he’s right.  I don’t see how anyone can not understand Bannon is total poison.

The situational ethics of Trump supporters is a head scratcher with me. First it was Manafort. Before I was suspended at TOS, Manafort was seen as a genius over there, then he was replaced by Bannon. I saw a trend forming: when you're working for Trump/a member of his inner circle, you're a Titan, a brilliant decision by Trump.

When you leave the inner circle, whether by choice or banishment, you take on Munchkin like status, and another brilliant decision by Trump to send that person packing.

I've seen a lot of weirdness in the comings and goings of the Trump administration: Flynn, Spicer, Mooch, Manafort, Bannon, Priebus, Amarosa, etc. Trump thrives on the chaos he can create, a trait he carried over from his private life. That's why Mattis, Kelly, and the other former generals are such stalwarts, they have experience in dealing with chaotic situations.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

The alleged anti-GOP-e attitude really does seem to sprout quite a bit from Breitbart and Infowars, whether folks get it from there originally. I'd be real careful.  I mean blaming things on Paul Ryan? Really? It really seems like extremist fringe talk and not too healthy at that. It's a bogeyman.

Don't you think decades of misrepresenting themselves to their base might have a teeny bit to do with it? A half dozen show votes to end Obamacare, just for one recent example?

There's far more reason to lay the blame for voter animosity on the likes of McConnell and Ryan than on any 'alt right' media outlet, which exactly what some here charge McConnell's critics with.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

@CatherineofAragon

Totally agree about Bannon.  Hopefully all of the previously mentioned subhumans can see that too, and he ends up working for Burger King this electoral season.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A "fraud" who served his country and his state with great honor for more than 50 years.

Who wasn't really what you think he was, hence the fraud designation. 

You realize the whole point of the articles was they believed the charges were credible, but didn't want this strategy to be successful, so it wouldn't be used against Trump, right?

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

I don’t see how anyone can not understand Bannon is total poison.

Even worse, he's a self-described Leninist.  That doesn't mean he's a communist.  He's just someone who wants to burn down the current system by any means.  He has no plan for what comes after, so he'll usher in chaos and misery, just like Lenin did.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The democrats in recent years labeled the GOP as back woods hicks, "cling to their guns and bibles," and as "deplorables."

In order to consistently win, all factions of the GOP need to turn out and vote. A weak Republican is better than any democrat these days. Like it or not.

How many Republican senators voted against the Income Tax measure last week?

Despite what he stated, Sen. Doug Jones D-AL will most likely vote the straight party line 110% of the time, which is NOT the clear position of Alabamians.

Putting up a weak GOP candidate is the reason Jones won. Plain and simple.

I prefer that BOTH McConnell AND Bannon stay the eff out of these races.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:amen: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Totally agree about Bannon.  Hopefully all of the previously mentioned subhumans can see that too, and he ends up working for Burger King this electoral season.

@Cyber Liberty

I wonder if he’ll wear three BK uniforms on top of each other, the way he wears all those polos.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I wonder if he’ll wear three BK uniforms on top of each other, the way he wears all those polos.

Don't want to think about it.  I'm imagining the smell.  :terror:
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

Even worse, he's a self-described Leninist.  That doesn't mean he's a communist.  He's just someone who wants to burn down the current system by any means.  He has no plan for what comes after, so he'll usher in chaos and misery, just like Lenin did.

@edpc

Exactly. 

“‘I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed, according to Radosh’s 2016 piece in The Daily Beast. “Lenin,” Bannon said, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

Silver Pines

Don't want to think about it.  I'm imagining the smell.  :terror:

Lol, he does look pretty...ripe.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Who wasn't really what you think he was, hence the fraud designation. 

You realize the whole point of the articles was they believed the charges were credible, but didn't want this strategy to be successful, so it wouldn't be used against Trump, right?

What I realize is that there are many people, both on this site and all across this land, who publically CLAIM to be conservative but who actually are anything but that! 

We have watched the very same tactic take down how many now since George Allen and yet the same crowd who happily joined that parade fell right in and joined all the rest even though they KNEW they were being had!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
For the record I don't subscribe to Breitbart or Infowars, but I looked at the allegations made against Moore, remembered what happened to Herman Cain and drew my own conclusions.  Both men were condemned by allegations made without proof or witnesses.  Cain, like Moore, was not liked by his own party -- which wanted Romney and was dismayed that Cain was gaining in popularity. So the party hierarchy had every reason to hatch a plot to get rid of him.  Moore too was disliked by his own party, so it is logical to suspect that if the plot against Cain worked so well, why not do the same thing to Moore? 

The liberal Republicans became suspect when they wouldn't support their own candidate. They finally threw in a few dollars into Moore's campaign in the final days , but I believe only because they were suspected of having been behind the plot against Moore.

Of course, I don't know if any of the above is true and I don't ordinarily subscribe to conspiracy theories, but it seems to me anyone who isnt suspicious about where all those unproven allegations came from must live in a polyanna world.

And it looks like those who did that are exceptions now rather than the rule and that is TRULY sad!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The democrats in recent years labeled the GOP as back woods hicks, "cling to their guns and bibles," and as "deplorables."

In order to consistently win, all factions of the GOP need to turn out and vote. A weak Republican is better than any democrat these days. Like it or not.

How many Republican senators voted against the Income Tax measure last week?

Despite what he stated, Sen. Doug Jones D-AL will most likely vote the straight party line 110% of the time, which is NOT the clear position of Alabamians.

Putting up a weak GOP candidate is the reason Jones won. Plain and simple.

So all you gap-toothed hicks out there in fly over country just get the hell out of the way and let US tell you who you can send to represent you in Washington.

SCREW THAT!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

If wanting to clean up the thoroughly corrupt MESS we currently have in Washington makes one a Leninist then I am definitely one!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

If wanting to clean up the thoroughly corrupt MESS we currently have in Washington makes one a Leninist then I am definitely one!

Except that Bannon is too well read to believe that’s where being a Leninist ends.  You’d be wise to distance yourself from him.

Offline skeeter

What I realize is that there are many people, both on this site and all across this land, who publically CLAIM to be conservative but who actually are anything but that! 

We have watched the very same tactic take down how many now since George Allen and yet the same crowd who happily joined that parade fell right in and joined all the rest even though they KNEW they were being had!

You gotta give @Jazzhead some credit, he just said he plain didn't like Moore' politics to begin with.

Which is what these situations usually boil down to, once you cut through all the moral posturing, teeth gnashing & garment rending.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Except that Bannon is too well read to believe that’s where being a Leninist ends.  You’d be wise to distance yourself from him.

Maybe you have never heard this before so I will enlighten you.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 06:14:48 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien