Author Topic: McConnell Mocks ‘Political Genius’ Bannon Over Moore Defeat: He Threw Away a Seat in ‘The Reddest St  (Read 7181 times)

Offline corbe

McConnell Mocks ‘Political Genius’ Bannon Over Moore Defeat: He Threw Away a Seat in ‘The Reddest State in America’

BY:  David Rutz   
December 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) on Friday took a shot at former White House strategist Steve Bannon's backing of Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race, saying he threw away a seat in America's reddest state.

Democrat Doug Jones defeated Moore, who several women accused of sexual misconduct against them when they were teenagers, on Dec. 12 to become the first Democrat to win an Alabama Senate seat since 1992.

"Do you blame Steve Bannon for Doug Jones being elected in Alabama?" a reporter asked.

"Well, let me just say this," McConnell said after pausing to chuckle. "The political genius on display, throwing away a seat in the reddest state in America, is hard to ignore."

<..snip..>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/mcconnell-mocks-bannon-over-moore-defeat-seat-reddest-america/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

If anyone can recognize political genius it would be Mitch.

Just look at his record of legislative success.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Translation...you screwed me out of a sure vote with Luther Strange.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

In my view it reads "Next time leave the candidate picking to your betters!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In my view it reads "Next time leave the candidate picking to your betters!"

Well that too.  I think Mitch is grousing because his hand picked...guaranteed to vote the way I say because I paid for him candidate...didn't make it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Luther was hated with a passion within gun groups in Alabama. His position was based on wheeling and dealing with the downfallen governor and odds are he was no "sure" win either. But at least McConnell would of actually supported him. Poor Roy only got stacked upon from all sides, and died via as much friendly fire as the fake news from the Washington ComPost.

Just saying I will not forget... all involved.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Mitch is a lowdown pond scum.  He withdrew monetary support from the RNSC that specifically assists the GOP ticket for Senators.  He verbally abused Moore.

It is an afront for him to blame Bannon when the turtle did the killin'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Mitch is a lowdown pond scum.  He withdrew monetary support from the RNSC that specifically assists the GOP ticket for Senators.  He verbally abused Moore.

It is an afront for him to blame Bannon when the turtle did the killin'.

That's how I see it as well.   888high58888

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Luther was hated with a passion within gun groups in Alabama. His position was based on wheeling and dealing with the downfallen governor and odds are he was no "sure" win either. But at least McConnell would of actually supported him. Poor Roy only got stacked upon from all sides, and died via as much friendly fire as the fake news from the Washington ComPost.

Just saying I will not forget... all involved.

Much as I'd love to forget the whole ugly mess, including all involved, I won't either.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Suppressed

"Well, let me just say this," McConnell said after pausing to chuckle. "The political genius on display, throwing away a seat in the reddest state in America, is hard to ignore."

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

McConnell Mocks ‘Political Genius’ Bannon Over Moore Defeat: He Threw Away a Seat in ‘The Reddest State in America’

Otis Freakin’ Campbell......
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That took a lot of cheek to say that, Senator Bitch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

Bannon deserves to be mocked.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bannon deserves to be mocked.

He does, but not by this fellow who did as much as Bannon did to lose that seat to the Democrats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

Okay, time to hear how wrong I am, so,
Here goes......

McConnell is right.

Breitbart editor in chief, Marlow, who is Bannon's right hand man there, came out yesterday with some pretty surprising things on the whole Moore fiasco.
He tells why he felt they had to stand with Moore and how he thinks it ties into Trump.
It isn't pretty.
Bannon/Barlow/Breitbart pushed for Moore, but not for the reasons you might think.

Google Alex Marlow and check it out.

Offline dfwgator

Moore lost it all on his own.

Offline edpc

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Bannon's involvement might have turned off some voters, but I say it was McConnell and the rest of the liberal Republican Party hierarchy who actively plotted to sink Moore's campaign. 

I wish someone with brass ones would investigate all those bimbos who made allegations against Moore.  I'd like to know who was behind it all and who paid for it.  We might find out that it was McConnell and his gang -- alone or in cahoots with their buds, the Democrats, who conspired to ensure the liberal Democrat Jones won.

Yeah, me, too.

BUT, it would mean awakening all those Moore zombies who created thousand post threads, full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Not worth it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline GrouchoTex

Check out the link that at @edpc provided.
Moore's own campaign staff did not believe in him.
You can defend him still if you like, but check out the link, and see what Brannon/Breitbart/Marlow really thought of him.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Check out the link that at @edpc provided.
Moore's own campaign staff did not believe in him.
You can defend him still if you like, but check out the link, and see what Brannon/Breitbart/Marlow really thought of him.

It didn't say that Moore's "staff" thought that at all. It was talking about Breitbart (and only one person, Marlow), not Moore's staff. Also all he really says is he only thought one story had any slight possible credibility at all, the rest were not worth looking into. He does not elaborate why, he does not let us peek into why he believed that story that had numerous holes that were not filled. All Marlow says is it was the only story with a shred of credibility (but it had holes "not perfect" and "purely allegations"). Example what proof, none was offered. Her past was filled with things that made her not a wholly trustworthy character witness. Her backup character (person she claimed she told) was a flaming California liberal with ties to both the Gadsden democratic lady chair and her husband had ties to every gay lib producer in NY and California. Her story of meeting Roy (walking) was at a place a mile from home through a major intersection and the window for the whole thing to go down (two dates and a phone call) was just 11 days before she was moved from her mom to her dad out of town. Also the cited court date left out the fact there was more than one court date and the second court date she was not 14, but 16, nearly 17 (and later moved back with her mom in town).

Reread the story commie CNN put out, read what they claim he thought verses what they quote from him (ie. only tiny segments that are not full quotes).... Why did they not put up the full quotes, perhaps because they would not  suggest what CNN claims.

I trust articles like this about as far as I can thrown them, give me direct questions and answers format. Otherwise it is just spin based on who is reporting it.

@GrouchoTex

Thanks @edpc for linking the article for me.

The article is just CNN taking shots with a scattergun hoping to hit Moore, Bannon, Breitbart, and flame the war between gay conservative Drudge Report and Breitbart.

Again reread it with a discerning mind.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:11:22 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline edpc

Reread the story commie CNN put out, read what they claim he thought verses what they quote from him (ie. only tiny segments that are not full quotes).... Why did they not put up the full quotes, perhaps because they would not  suggest what CNN claims.

I trust articles like this about as far as I can thrown them, give me direct questions and answers format. Otherwise it is just spin based on who is reporting it.

@GrouchoTex

Thanks @edpc for linking the article for me.

The article is just CNN taking shots with a scattergun hoping to hit Moore, Bannon, Breitbart, and flame the war between gay conservative Drudge Report and Breitbart.

There are other stories out there from different sources.  That's just the first one I found.  Here's one from Hotair, which links to additional articles within it.  Bottom line is, people like Marlow, Bannon, and O'Keefe were doing what they did for reasons not related to faith in Moore.  I believe that was the original point Tex was making.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/22/okay-now-admit-believed-roy-moores-accusers/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:15:42 pm by edpc »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There are other stories out there from different sources.  That's just the first one I found.  Here's one from Hotair, which links to additional articles within it.  Bottom line is, people like Marlow, Bannon, and O'Keefe were doing what they did for reasons not related to faith in Moore.  I believe that was the original point Tex was making.

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/22/okay-now-admit-believed-roy-moores-accusers/

The fact that there are plenty of subversive elements out there claiming to be conservative is well known and comes as a surprise to no one.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

Seems to me that Bannons horse made it further than McConnells..... now just who is the genius here again Mitch?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

The fact that there are plenty of subversive elements out there claiming to be conservative is well known and comes as a surprise to no one.

The fact those most interested in selling this fraud weren't completely buying it themselves shouldn't be either.