Author Topic: Government gets reprieve, Dreamers get shut down in spending bill  (Read 475 times)

Offline anubias

Brushing aside demands of illegal immigrant Dreamers, Congress on Thursday approved a short-term spending bill to carry the government into the new year, narrowly avoiding a shutdown showdown.
The bill, which cleared the House on a 231-188 vote and the Senate on a 66-32 vote, extends funding through Jan. 19, keeps a critical foreign surveillance program operating, adds money to a popular veterans health care fund and ensures states won’t run out of money under the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
But it does not include any further legal status for Dreamers, disappointing them and their backers, who at one point vowed to force a shutdown showdown unless they were granted a path to citizenship.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/21/congress-clears-bill-avoid-shutdown-dreamers-dont-/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Government gets reprieve, Dreamers get shut down in spending bill
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 05:13:40 pm »
Let's keep the dreamers shutdown!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

Re: Government gets reprieve, Dreamers get shut down in spending bill
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:44:52 pm »
 :amen:

I pray they don’t cave on this, but am wary.