Author Topic: Trump puts his UN money where his mouth is  (Read 1036 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Trump puts his UN money where his mouth is
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:47:57 am »
Trump puts his UN money where his mouth is
Fox News, Dec 22, 2017, John Moody

Ever encounter a panhandler, and, motivated by kindness, hand over a dollar? Only to have the beggar berate you for not giving more? That’s the situation the United States finds itself in with the United Nations.

President Trump’s not-so-subtle threat to remember which nations voted to condemn his recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was the ultimate case of speaking truth to power.

The largest – by far – donor to the United Nations, and a provider of foreign aid to dozens of other U.N. member states, America holds a unique, though decidedly not privileged position in the so-called world body.

Yet for decades, it has been stymied by its rivals (China and Russia), by rogue regimes (Iran), and by a U.N. leadership that views America as a source of demonic, not democratic values.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/21/trump-puts-his-un-money-where-his-mouth-is.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump puts his UN money where his mouth is
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:49:37 am »
America is one of 192 countries in the UN but we pay 21% of the dues. The others ought to keep that in mind.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:32:30 am »
Can anyone say what the U.N. does anymore?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 11:38:14 am »
Trump ain’t done diddly to the UN so far, other than pitching an empty hissy fit. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 11:42:46 am »
Trump ain’t done diddly to the UN so far, other than pitching an empty hissy fit.

Finally, something in which you have expertise.   *****rollingeyes*****

UN Ambassador Nikki Haley just made the 'threat' to those who vote against the USA...only YESTERDAY!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 11:54:23 am »
Can anyone say what the U.N. does anymore?

Snarl traffic in New York City whenever some Chief Muckety-Muck visits the UN.

As a New Yorker I can tell you we’d be happy to see that building vacated.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 12:21:14 pm »

Pretty much.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 12:22:20 pm »

You two look silly, you know that don’t you?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 12:24:02 pm »
Trump's a constitutional genius but you can count on the anti-semites to talk him down.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 12:25:59 pm »
Finally, something in which you have expertise.   *****rollingeyes*****

UN Ambassador Nikki Haley just made the 'threat' to those who vote against the USA...only YESTERDAY!

Yes, she's a great UN ambassador, does her job better than anyone in a long time, possible future president, this is who may be the first woman president.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 12:34:17 pm »
Yes, she's a great UN ambassador, does her job better than anyone in a long time, possible future president, this is who may be the first woman president.

IMO, her name will be spelled "I-V-A-N-K-A"!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 12:45:15 pm »

That’s an intriguing thought. I’ll have to keep my eye on her, which frankly isn’t hard to do. Woo woo!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »
IMO, her name will be spelled "I-V-A-N-K-A"!    :laugh:

Oh, okay @DCPatriot   :laugh:

Merry Christmas, my friend.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 01:19:59 pm »

Merry Christmas, @Right_in_Virginia   

:tree3:   :cool:   :tree3:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 01:21:15 pm »

Speaking of things Trump didn't do, it looks like ATT was announcing their bonuses before the the GOP tax bill was ever voted on. (they're also laying people off) They only decided to kiss the butt of Orange Glorious later so they must have some deal they want in return.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 01:27:21 pm »

Thanks for the photo. It tops off what has turned out to be a very cheerful start to this day.

:tree3: Merry Christmas to you and to all!  :tree3:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 01:51:17 pm »
Speaking of things Trump didn't do, it looks like ATT was announcing their bonuses before the the GOP tax bill was ever voted on. (they're also laying people off) They only decided to kiss the butt of Orange Glorious later so they must have some deal they want in return.

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing you angry and bitter for the holidays. I hope there is more Donald Trump news this weekend to ruin your life.....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 02:36:24 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/videos/nikki-haley-may-be-first-female-president-lt-col-ralph-peters/vi-BBH7Xmn

For the record, Ralph Peters just said Nikki Haley might be the first female president, so take that on those who can just post some photo.

Fox military analyst: 'Nikki Haley may end up as our first female president'
By Joe Concha - 12/21/17 04:01 PM EST

Fox military analyst Ralph Peters hailed U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley on Fox Business on Thursday, declaring that the former South Carolina governor "may end up our first female president."

Peters praised Haley for taking a tough stance following the U.N.'s opposition to U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital but also cautioned against the U.S. making threats it's "not prepared to carry out."

The U.N. in a 128–9 vote on Thursday overwhelmingly rebuked President Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. Thirty-five countries abstained from voting.

Continued at: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/366067-fox-military-analyst-nikki-haley-may-end-up-as-our-first-female-president
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:52:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:54 pm »

How vulgar. Well, maybe you can find a forum with pro-abortion, anti-Israel types, more of your speed. You don't knock anyone out with your potty mouth.  It befits you.