Author Topic: Papa John's founder out as CEO weeks after blaming NFL for slow pizza sales  (Read 2864 times)

Offline verga

Yeah.

Actually, I have an Anchor Bar shirt, too.  Can't fit into either of them anymore, I'm sure...I've eaten too many wings.   :whistle: I should donate them.

Actually, though, I know a woman who lost 125+ pounds on a "wings and Michelob Ultra" diet...by getting wings without honey added, and then putting in some Old Bay for zing.
@Suppressed I have seen those shirts and i believe you are mistaken. They are made of cotton and I am certain they have shrunk from repeated washings. if there is anyone that disagrees with that assessment give me their names and I will be glad to help them see the error of their ways.   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Suppressed I have seen those shirts and i believe you are mistaken. They are made of cotton and I am certain they have shrunk from repeated washings. if there is anyone that disagrees with that assessment give me their names and I will be glad to help them see the error of their ways.

:laugh:   :tree3:

Merry Christmas to my Buffalonian friends!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

I grew up in Buffalo NY. The chains had a hard time getting even a toehold, much less a foot hold. every neighborhood had a least mom and pop that the residents were fiercely loyal to.

IMO, Buffalo is the "Junk Food" Capital of the Free World.

Have you ever enjoyed a "Sausage Royal" from one of the AVENUE PIZZA AND SUBS Shops?   Two sausage fillets with capocollo (Italian Ham) with lettuce, tomato, mayo and oil?

It was my last stop before the 6.5 hr. drive back to Washington.

It's amazing that nobody in the D.C. Region offers that combo....not even Firehouse Subs or Jimmy John's

It's been many, many years since I've gone into the downtown (Mulligan's Brick Bar on Allen Street)...Mike Milatello owner.   We used to go to his elegant restaurant on North and Delaware....actually met O.J. Simpson there.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

@Suppressed, @DCPatriot  :amen:
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

IMO, Buffalo is the "Junk Food" Capital of the Free World.

Have you ever enjoyed a "Sausage Royal" from one of the AVENUE PIZZA AND SUBS Shops?   Two sausage fillets with capocollo (Italian Ham) with lettuce, tomato, mayo and oil?

It was my last stop before the 6.5 hr. drive back to Washington.

It's amazing that nobody in the D.C. Region offers that combo....not even Firehouse Subs or Jimmy John's

It's been many, many years since I've gone into the downtown (Mulligan's Brick Bar on Allen Street)...Mike Milatello owner.   We used to go to his elegant restaurant on North and Delaware....actually met O.J. Simpson there.   :laugh:
@DCPatriot Avenue was good, but I always prefered the "John and Mary's" Royal. There used to be a place on Winfield near Eggert called "Tomatoes" They had a sub called the "Nuclear" Italian sausage, Provolone cheese, and "Franks" hot sauce, with lettuce and tomato. That was their Wednesday night special. I could eat those all week. One New Years eve one of the local thugs shot the delivery guy and killed him. The business never recovered from that. They ended up closing about 6 months later. Last time I was up there the store was still empty.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

:beer:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot Avenue was good, but I always prefered the "John and Mary's" Royal. There used to be a place on Winfield near Eggert called "Tomatoes" They had a sub called the "Nuclear" Italian sausage, Provolone cheese, and "Franks" hot sauce, with lettuce and tomato. That was their Wednesday night special. I could eat those all week. One New Years eve one of the local thugs shot the delivery guy and killed him. The business never recovered from that. They ended up closing about 6 months later. Last time I was up there the store was still empty.

@verga

Remember John and Mary's vividly.   They closed every winter and moved to their Summer home in Florida.

Didn't they also own JaFaFa Hots.....the open grill hot dog place just off the Scajaquada  Expressway on Harlem or Union Rd?

Could never understand why somebody didn't open up a Ted's Hot Dog (facsimile) in the D.C. Region.   Almost did it myself, but real estate was too good at the times.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:44:36 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Where is the founder's right to make his voice heard? That's what gets me upset.  These guys express themselves by kneeling. It's a bad rap. He seems like a good guy and has poured a lot of money into the NFL.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Population.

Buffalo

1900  352,000 (LA 102,000; Houston 45,000; Phoenix 6,000; San Diego 18,000)

1950  580,000

2010  261,000 (LA 3,792,000; Houston 2,100,000; Phoenix 1,446,000; San Diego 1,307,000)

Buffalo's population is STILL dropping. A little info on population demographics of our growing country.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln