Author Topic: Thad Cochran Expected to Resign If He’s Ever Able to Realize He’s in the Senate  (Read 2219 times)

Offline corbe

More INFO in this Politico Article, for those so inclined.

Cochran's future in the Senate in doubt

The Appropriations Committee chairman hasn't presided over a hearing in months, and speculation is growing he will resign in January.

By JOHN BRESNAHAN
  | 12/21/2017 04:55 AM EST

Sen. Thad Cochran, chairman of the powerful Appropriations Committee, hasn’t presided over a hearing since early September. The Mississippi Republican has not given a speech on the Senate floor all year, and he’s introduced only two bills during that time, both of them minor.

To the extent that Cochran weighs in on any issue, it's in the form of an official statement from his office or the appropriations panel. He has stopped meeting with anyone about substantive committee business, including other senators or House members, according to several sources familiar with his activities. Cochran’s aides deny this is the case.

The 80-year-old’s feeble performance has fueled expectations — among senators and aides who’ve witnessed his physical and mental decline firsthand — that Cochran will step down from the Appropriations chairmanship early next year, or resign from the Senate altogether.

<..snip..>

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/21/mississippi-senate-thad-cochran-future-in-doubt-308157
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm just surprised republicans still feign standards.  I wish I missed this vacuous "article."

I quit being a republican when I discovered the they no longer believed in standards last year at their national convention!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not finished abusing the word.  Actually, it was not the first word I planned for that, so maybe I am.

As for the article being "vicious," this has become the new Age of Hyperbole.  Yes, it was mean-spirited, but I agree with a lot of people Thad shouldn't still be there in the first place.

I agree that Thad should not be there.

He is part of a long list.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.