Author Topic: WHY THREATEN TO CUT OFF AID TO THE UNITED NATIONS? WHY NOT SIMPLY PULL OUT OF IT?  (Read 2277 times)

Oceander

Exactly.  It would be a mistake to give up our veto power.

Exactly

Offline mountaineer

Members arriving at the UN
Do you include our ambassador in that depiction?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

Well, the first reason that comes off the top of my head is the UN Security Council could do real damage to us and our friends, like Israel.  Raise an Army, for example.  We need that veto to keep that from happening, because we've needed to use it before.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:14:15 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump On U.S. Aid Recipients: 'Let Them Vote Against Us At U.N.', 'Well Save A Lot'.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/trump-us-aid-recipients-let-them-vote-against-us-un-well-save-lot

There's more than one way to skin the U.N.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com