Author Topic: WHY THREATEN TO CUT OFF AID TO THE UNITED NATIONS? WHY NOT SIMPLY PULL OUT OF IT?  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The United Nations has been nothing more than a totalitarian money pit for the world, especially the united States, and now they have thumbed their collective noses once again at the US.

Recently, the United Nations put forth a resolution to rescind President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Trump threatened to cut aid to UN members over the Jerusalem vote.

“All of these nations that take our money and then they vote against us at the Security Council or they vote against us, potentially, at the Assembly, they take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars and then they vote against us,” Trump said during a cabinet meeting

HTTP://THEWASHINGTONSTANDARD.COM/THREATEN-CUT-OFF-AID-UNITED-NATIONS-NOT-SIMPLY-PULL/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

Move it's occupants somewhere else and let the Trump boys turn it into Condo's, would be my suggestion.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The only good reason to have it here is for the intel gathering, but that does not seem worth the hassle.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Move it's occupants somewhere else and let the Trump boys turn it into Condo's, would be my suggestion.

Got room at your house, Corbe?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The only good reason to have it here is for the intel gathering, but that does not seem worth the hassle.

Of course it is not.

It's been an expensive mistake from the very beginning. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, the first reason that comes off the top of my head is the UN Security Council could do real damage to us and our friends, like Israel.  Raise an Army, for example.  We need that veto to keep that from happening, because we've needed to use it before.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Well, the first reason that comes off the top of my head is the UN Security Council could do real damage to us and our friends, like Israel.  Raise an Army, for example.  We need that veto to keep that from happening, because we've needed to use it before.

That's what I was thinking too.

Online kevindavis007

Well in order to leave the UN, we have to pull out of the treaty.. Which takes 2/3....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

NYC would undergo a precipitous drop in real estate valuation, its restaurants would have a large drop in business, as well as taxis, etc.

The amount of monies spent on diplomats' expense accounts adds up a fail amount of that city's economy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
America's Laissez Faire disinterest in the League of Nations having worked out so well, punitive reparations against Germany/WWII, I'm inclined to say we Must remain in the UN to vote No on everything they want to do.

Pulling out would be taking the only cop in the worst end of town off the street to give the Crips, Bloods, and MS-13 free reign there.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline NavyCanDo

It should be pointed out that this vote was from the General Assembly not the Security Council, so carries no more weight than an opinion letter in your local newspaper. And the GA has a long list of appalling stuff they voted for or against.   That said, I love our response to it. Well played.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It should be pointed out that this vote was from the General Assembly not the Security Council, so carries no more weight than an opinion letter in your local newspaper. And the GA has a long list of appalling stuff they voted for or against.   That said, I love our response to it. Well played.

Thanks for that. I certainly was not aware of this.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let them move it to Brussels.

US out of UN!
UN out of US!

Offline corbe

Damnit @Fishrrman Now I feel Guilty for LMFAO.  Some poor batard was wearing that helment.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Wulf Anson Author
    Damnit @Fishrrman Now I feel Guilty for LMFAO.  Some poor batard was wearing that helment.

Wrong color helmet for anyone to feel sorry over.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

LOL.  No...pretty sure that was target practice.  I saw that pic a couple years ago, and IIRC the story was not written from an angle you or I would agree with.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

Here is something to ponder which was just said on FOX News. Out of the 97 times the UN General Assembly got together to vote to condemn a nation, 83 of the 97 was to condemn Israel.  83.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline anubias

Exactly.  It would be a mistake to give up our veto power.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Here is something to ponder which was just said on FOX News. Out of the 97 times the UN General Assembly got together to vote to condemn a nation, 83 of the 97 was to condemn Israel.  83.

IIRC, we vetoed every one against Israel, except for one time when we Abstained.  Can you guess which President did that?
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
IIRC, we vetoed every one against Israel, except for one time when we Abstained.  Can you guess which President did that?

No guessing required on my part!  It was Val Jarrett's flunky Barrack Hussein Obama!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Let them move it to Brussels.

US out of UN!
UN out of US!

Well, I'll be damned......TBR 'Blue' matches UN 'Blue'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, I'll be damned......TBR 'Blue' matches UN 'Blue'.

Only on every other post.... :silly:
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Well, they could have reenacted that scene from "A Few Dollars More"....

! No longer available
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Wulf Anson Author
Only on every other post.... :silly:

Yes. And that's as close as I ever want to get to anything called 'Bipartisan' ever again.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Members arriving at the UN

ts you know better than that!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:13:13 pm by mystery-ak »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln