Author Topic: Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well  (Read 4478 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2017, 04:12:33 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

BKO was indeed a very special lady.  It's too bad she was attached to the turd blossom she was.
Pity he wasn't on the plane instead.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2017, 04:16:54 pm »
Pity he wasn't on the plane instead.

Yeah!  Ain't it though!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2017, 04:49:58 pm »
I only wish I had even a hint of what that really means. Kinda sounds like he was trying to make Uranium cross-dress and apply for a goobermint-funded operation.

Simply put, transUranium Elements are all the ones above Uranium on the Periodic Table.  They are larger than Uranium, and less stable the larger they get.  Most, if not all, did not exist in nature at the time of Marie Curie's research.  Some may have been discovered, many were man-made.  While it does exist in nature, it's only in trace amounts embedded in Uranium.  The first truly man-made Element was Curium, and Glenn T. Seaborg was one of a team of scientists who did it.

I'm oversimplifying a bit, but when we first started developing a nuclear weapon, our materials of choice were Uranium and Plutonium,  which we had learned to synthesize (from Uranium) in 1940.  Creating the conditions for fission was easier with the correct isotope of Uranium (235), but Uranium ore is about 99.25% U-238, so it had to be purified to have a much higher 235 content (this is done in centrifuges, which is why Iran has so many and it's such a concern).  Plutonium 239 was easier to synthesize than U-235 was to purify, but it was more difficult to create the conditions for fission.  Little-Boy used on Hiroshima was U-235, and Fat-Man on Nagasaki (and the Trinity test in NM) were P-239. 

P-239 is the material of choice for most modern nuclear reactors, but U-238 is a vital raw material to make it, which is why Russia wanted it so badly they bribed Hillary Clinton to get it.

Like I said, over simplified and you probably already knew all this.  I'm sure @Smokin Joe will come along and fill in the missing bits (he studied this a lot more than I).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 04:51:02 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »
Simply put, transUranium Elements are all the ones above Uranium on the Periodic Table.  They are larger than Uranium, and less stable the larger they get.  Most, if not all, did not exist in nature at the time of Marie Curie's research.  Some may have been discovered, many were man-made.  While it does exist in nature, it's only in trace amounts embedded in Uranium.  The first truly man-made Element was Curium, and Glenn T. Seaborg was one of a team of scientists who did it.

I'm oversimplifying a bit, but when we first started developing a nuclear weapon, our materials of choice were Uranium and Plutonium,  which we had learned to synthesize (from Uranium) in 1940.  Creating the conditions for fission was easier with the correct isotope of Uranium (235), but Uranium ore is about 99.25% U-238, so it had to be purified to have a much higher 235 content (this is done in centrifuges, which is why Iran has so many and it's such a concern).  Plutonium 239 was easier to synthesize than U-235 was to purify, but it was more difficult to create the conditions for fission.  Little-Boy used on Hiroshima was U-235, and Fat-Man on Nagasaki (and the Trinity test in NM) were P-239. 

P-239 is the material of choice for most modern nuclear reactors, but U-238 is a vital raw material to make it, which is why Russia wanted it so badly they bribed Hillary Clinton to get it.

Like I said, over simplified and you probably already knew all this.  I'm sure @Smokin Joe will come along and fill in the missing bits (he studied this a lot more than I).
That's the gist of it, except the chemical symbol for Plutonium is Pu, not P (which is Phosphorous), so that would be Pu-239 used in reactors and warheads.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2017, 05:59:13 pm »
That's the gist of it, except the chemical symbol for Plutonium is Pu, not P (which is Phosphorous), so that would be Pu-239 used in reactors and warheads.

Which makes this a head-banging moment, because I had that right in front of me when I was writing it.  I knew it was Pu. I blame lazy fingers.  I was more likely to have gotten it correct if I was talking about Potassium.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Silver Pines

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2017, 01:17:26 am »
Christmas Eve

That time of peace, love, goodwill toward man, and wishing death on people in fiery plane crashes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2017, 01:45:51 am »
Christmas Eve

That time of peace, love, goodwill toward man, and wishing death on people in fiery plane crashes.

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah.  Doesn't taste right in my mouth when I think of the correspondences I used to have with BKO over on FR.  I was actually holding up OK on 9-11, until I heard we lost her too.
I will NOT comply.