Author Topic: 2 million kids will lose CHIP coverage right away, report finds  (Read 814 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
2 million kids will lose CHIP coverage right away, report finds
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:10:30 am »
“Never before has congress let CHIP funding lapse for this long a period of time,” Alker said.

Should they fund it?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/2-million-kids-will-lose-chip-coverage-right-away-report-n831606
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: 2 million kids will lose CHIP coverage right away, report finds
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:22:18 am »
The report finds that 20 states will run short of money in the first quarter of 2018.

Thought this was a state program? How's it my problem if states can't pay for their largess themselves or if parents can't pay for their own damn kids.

BTW, I just looked into this. CHIP has parameters that keep it from effecting the poor. Under a certain level, Medicaid kicks in. This is a middle class welfare handout.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:24:57 am »
The report finds that 20 states will run short of money in the first quarter of 2018.

Thought this was a state program? How's it my problem if states can't pay for their largess themselves or if parents can't pay for their own damn kids.

BTW, I just looked into this. CHIP has parameters that keep it from effecting the poor. Under a certain level, Medicaid kicks in. This is a middle class welfare handout.

Why should only poor people get welfare?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 10:16:04 am »

I believe the program is funded jointly by the feds and the states.  How it's divided, I don't know.  I just know that in PA, the state is funding the program on its own at least through January.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:25:47 am »
I thought Obamacare was supposed to provide insurance for everyone.  So why do we even need this CHIP program?

We taxpayers are funding multiple, often duplicative programs for the same supposed purpose.  If our elected representatives are serious about tax reform, they should be working on cutting spending.  A good way to start is to eliminate all these programs we don't need. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 03:05:00 pm »
Federalism means the state is first and foremost responsible, not the feds.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:48:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington