Author Topic: Jake Tapper to GOP senator: ‘You gave me and Anderson Cooper a huge tax break’  (Read 4242 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@truth_seeker

Overseas I remember  seeing a guy with no legs and only one arm laying on one of those car repair creepers.  He was pulling himself through the streets begging for money. That was his only option.

Fast forward 10 years and that same country has people who don't shower for a few days, muss up their hair, dirty their clothes so they can go down and get put on welfare. 

People will abuse any system you put in place.  Personally I'd much rather take that money and put it into a investment account.   I'd get a much better return on it.  The question isnt how we do it.   The question is when.  Either we do something to fix a broken system or it will stop and probably force the country into the toilet.

Im ok with a safety net kinda system.  But if someone refused to save and refused to take care of themselves why is it my responsibility to do it for them?   The Bible gives us clear guidance on this.

We do need a safety net system.

Even mid-life people with disposable income could not be trusted to invest enough to see them through after working years are over.

Plans have been proposed which are good plans.

After a certain age (to be determined) workers could opt out of Social Security.  But they would have to invest the same amount in an approved pension fund of their choosing.

Unfortunately, we'd have to make that mandatory.  Too bad, but there it is.

Or we'd end up with people on walkers and welfare.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We do need a safety net system.

We have one already.

Or we'd end up with people on walkers and welfare.

There are plenty of those, just not out in public view much

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

At least Tapper gets it right in crediting congress rather than the baboon king.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
‘You gave me and Anderson Cooper a huge tax break’

Yes?

So what's your complaint?

A fine is a tax on doing something wrong. A tax is a fine on doing something right.

Looks to me like you think you're doing something right by making big bucks at CNN.

Sounds to me like you think getting a tax break on your Big Bucks from CNN is doing something wrong.

If you Have a mind, please make it up.

Unless you're prepared to lose your big bucks at CNN by admitting on air that this not about 'Fair', whatever that is.

It's about Punishing everyone who makes over and above the amount of money You would hypocritically like CNN's viewers to believe You are not personally Entitled to.

So I ask you again, 'What exactly is your Problem?' What is your Issue?

What cockeyed, moronic, self contradictory point are you trying to push?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yup. He used to be a fighter. Now he is just another DC suckfish.
Yeah...that sonovabich has got a lot of nerve going on TV and defending the GOP, especially when he holds no party leadership position.  Lame A$$ wannabe Establishment hack.  I hope the Trump GOP primary his butt.