Author Topic: McCabe draws blank on Democrats’ funding of Trump dossier, new subpoenas planned  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCabe draws blank on Democrats’ funding of Trump dossier, new subpoenas planned

By James Rosen, Jake Gibson | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: Congressional investigators tell Fox News that Tuesday’s seven-hour interrogation of Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe contained numerous conflicts with the testimony of previous witnesses, prompting the Republican majority staff of the House Intelligence Committee to decide to issue fresh subpoenas next week on Justice Department and FBI personnel.

While HPSCI staff would not confirm who will be summoned for testimony, all indications point to demoted DOJ official Bruce G. Ohr and FBI General Counsel James A. Baker, who accompanied McCabe, along with other lawyers, to Tuesday’s HPSCI session.

The issuance of a subpoena against the Justice Department’s top lawyer could provoke a new constitutional clash between the two branches, even worse than the months-long tug of war over documents and witnesses that has already led House Speaker Paul Ryan to accuse DOJ and FBI of “stonewalling” and HPSCI Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., to threaten contempt-of-Congress citations against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/20/mccabe-draws-blank-on-democrats-funding-trump-dossier-new-subpoenas-planned.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

It’s possible the dominos could start falling at anytime... Or, this could drag on forever. It’s anybody’s call.

Offline Frank Cannon

It’s possible the dominos could start falling at anytime... Or, this could drag on forever. It’s anybody’s call.

Dominos would fall if we didn't have a corrupt government. You expect a professional loser like Sessions to start cleaning the place up anytime soon? I don't.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Be Patient, Grasshopper.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

Drip.  Drip.  Drip.  Drip is good.

Now somebody wake up sleepy SessionZzzzzzzz.

Offline aligncare

I agree. I started calling for Sessions to resign or be fired for some time. 

Offline anubias

I agree. I started calling for Sessions to resign or be fired for some time.

Yep.  He needs to go.  I’m ashamed to say I was thrilled with that pick.  Was I ever wrong about that one!   :facepalm2:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:30:18 pm by anubias »

Offline aligncare

Yep.  He needs to go.  I’m ashamed to say I was thrilled with that pick.  Was I ever wrong about that one!   :facepalm2:

I applauded when Sessions came aboard the administration, too.  But, who would have guessed  he’d turn out to be such a dud!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here:
1. Fire Rosenstein. Just can him.
2. Request that Jeff Sessions either a) UN-recuse himself and take charge, or b) resign gracefully (and he'll be offered another position somewhere else)
3. Bring in Rudy Giulianni for a period of time (say, one year) to clean things up.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am inclined to conclude Sessions is a "Peter Principle" example.

Competent as a FedGov attorney, competent as a small state Senator, but over his head, as the AG of the entire big nation.

I hope I'm wrong. I eagerly await the report by the DOJ's IG.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln