Author Topic: Trump threatens to cut aid to countries voting against US Jerusalem measure  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump threatens to cut aid to countries voting against US Jerusalem measure

>
    Haley warns US ‘taking names’ of UN opponents of Trump's Jerusalem move
    >
    Palestinians riot in the West Bank over Trump Jerusalem move

By Herb Keinon, REUTERS
December 20, 2017 20:14
"Let them vote against us. We’ll save a lot. We don’t care.”

US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut off financial aid to countries that vote in favor of a draft United Nations resolution on Thursday against his decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

“They take hundreds of millions of dollars, and even billions of dollars, and then they vote against us. Well, we’re watching those votes. Let them vote against us. We’ll save a lot. We don’t care,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Wednesday ahead of the rare emergency special session being convened by the UN General Assembly on Thursday.

more
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Trump-threatens-to-cut-aid-to-nations-voting-against-US-Jerusalem-measure-518602
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The State Dept. and previous weakling Presidents from both parties, have tolerated this type of thing.

Good to see Trump playing hard ball, with these nations. Good to see Haley on board, too.

(of course Trump's detractors would have us go on funding, so as to be "nuanced" since these relations are "complex" and trump doesn't "understand")
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Trump fans will not be happy with me, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Numerous candidates and a few politicians have talked about withholding foreign aid, but it seems they never get around to it. 

By the way, why not go further? Stop funding the UN and boot those worthless SOBs out of the country.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trump fans will not be happy with me, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Numerous candidates and a few politicians have talked about withholding foreign aid, but it seems they never get around to it. 

By the way, why not go further? Stop funding the UN and boot those worthless SOBs out of the country.

NOW you're talkin my language!    888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

Agreed.  I’m glad he is threatening them and hope he follows through.  Better than bend over and bow like the previous Admin.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Trump threatens to cut aid to countries voting against US Jerusalem measure"

(Read the headline only before I posted this):

Good move!
Don't back down!
Stick it to 'em!