Author Topic: Alabama Secretary of State Launches Voter Fraud Investigation in Senate Special Election  (Read 1754 times)

rangerrebew

Alabama Secretary of State Launches Voter Fraud Investigation in Senate Special Election

Posted by Mary Chastain      Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 3:00pm

Decision came after an interview with a man who said “we came here all the way from different parts of the country as part of our fellowship, and all of us pitched in to vote.”

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill has decided to launch an investigation into possible voter fraud in last week’s Senate special election that say Democrat Doug Jones defeat Republican Roy Moore.

The decision came after an interview with a person on FOX10:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/12/alabama-secretary-of-state-launches-voter-fraud-investigation-in-senate-special-election/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
ooops, that might help explain the 93% democrat turnout.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Ya think???
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

If the fraud was that significant it shouldn't be too hard to prove. Better snap up & secure those ballot boxes.

I heard of another key state race in Virginia was decided in a recount - by a single vote. Of course I knew which party was the happy recipient of this stroke of good fortune before the report gave the information.

Offline driftdiver

If the fraud was that significant it shouldn't be too hard to prove. Better snap up & secure those ballot boxes.

I heard of another key state race in Virginia was decided in a recount - by a single vote. Of course I knew which party was the happy recipient of this stroke of good fortune before the report gave the information.

Didnt we see another story about how the state was pushing to destroy the votes.  Because they were no longer needed.

Offline skeeter

Didnt we see another story about how the state was pushing to destroy the votes.  Because they were no longer needed.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/election_security_experts_ques.html

What an effing scam.

There's still the paper ballots, but a fraud check would be so much easier with digital copies.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:42:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

The Franken Maneuver?

Offline driftdiver

The Franken Maneuver?

Franken and also Virginia

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew

Anyone trying to vote on election day without an ID that has a physical address in Alabama would have to vote a provisional ballot.  Those ballots are not counted on the day of the election.  Those ballots go to the Early Voting Ballot Board for examination.  If it is determined they are not on the voter list, they are rejected.

People who vote a provisional ballot don't understand they are examined before they are counted - they think they voted when they really didn't.  I was the judge for years of the Early Voting Ballot Board and no provisional ballot was ever counted after we examined them.

I expect the man who said that either misspoke, didn't mean to say he voted, or he voted a provisional ballot and it wasn't counted.

Offline skeeter

The Franken Maneuver?

Thats as good a name as any for it.

The law of averages would indicate that these close races and recounts would fall either way in equal measure. This administration had better move voter fraud up on its agenda for the next year if it knows whats good for it - right behind ending chain migration.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@rangerrebew

Anyone trying to vote on election day without an ID that has a physical address in Alabama would have to vote a provisional ballot.  Those ballots are not counted on the day of the election.  Those ballots go to the Early Voting Ballot Board for examination.  If it is determined they are not on the voter list, they are rejected.

People who vote a provisional ballot don't understand they are examined before they are counted - they think they voted when they really didn't.  I was the judge for years of the Early Voting Ballot Board and no provisional ballot was ever counted after we examined them.

I expect the man who said that either misspoke, didn't mean to say he voted, or he voted a provisional ballot and it wasn't counted.

Of course!  No one EVER violates the rules and scams the system!  NEVER!  /s

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@skeeter

The records recorded by voting machines are sealed/locked up for several years.  If paper ballots are used, those are sealed/locked up for several years.  This is part of the state's election laws.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

The records recorded by voting machines are sealed/locked up for several years.  If paper ballots are used, those are sealed/locked up for several years.  This is part of the state's election laws.

Read the link I provided.

Offline driftdiver

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:58:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The article states no evidence of any wrongdoing. I agree that that destroying records after the vote is very flaky but maybe that is the normal procedure dating back in time. That doesn't mean it's okay but it may mean it is the norm.

Offline skeeter

The article states no evidence of any wrongdoing. I agree that that destroying records after the vote is very flaky but maybe that is the normal procedure dating back in time. That doesn't mean it's okay but it may mean it is the norm.

Why would something that was routine require a court order?

Offline Victoria33

Of course!  No one EVER violates the rules and scams the system!  NEVER!  /s
@Bigun

As I said, one can try to violate the rules, scam the system, vote a provisional ballot but it won't be counted.
!!!!

Offline Victoria33

@TomSea

I have posted voting records are sealed/locked up for several years after an election.  That is part of their state election code laws.  No county/parish destroys records until those years have passed.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

As I said, one can try to violate the rules, scam the system, vote a provisional ballot but it won't be counted.
!!!!

Yeah! I know! Because all of those volunteer election judges are as pure as driven snow!  /s

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
All of those years of denying voting rights may be swinging in the other direction.  Who decides elections in many cases will be whom gets out their voting base.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Bigun

!!!!

Michigan is a must ask state for IDs but a person doesn't need to show an ID. However if you vote without an ID you have to sign an affidavit which basically amounts to a signed confession if you vote illegally.

Conservatives cry that its meaningless while liberals compare it to being sent to the gas chambers but I think its fairly effective.

Offline Victoria33

Why would something that was routine require a court order?
@skeeter

If someone has evidence of voter fraud, which is a crime, he/she goes to the district attorney with that information and the district attorney is required to do an investigation.  That is in the state's election code laws.  If the district attorney finds someone did commit voter fraud, he goes to the grand jury with that information.  If the grand jury agrees that person likely did commit voter fraud, which is a crime, an indictment is handed down.

An example, when Gov. Greg Abbott was our state attorney general, he got an indictment for a woman who committed voter fraud and she was convicted and had to pay a fine - however, she didn't know she was committing a crime.

Her mother lived with her and was very ill.  The mother had requested a maill ballot and it was at the house.  The mother died before she filled it out.  The woman filled out the ballot knowing how her mother would have voted, and mailed it in.  The Early Voting Ballot Board noticed the mother had died before the ballot was mailed.  They gave that info. to their district attorney and he forwarded it to the state attorney general rather than doing it himself, which is legal.  Greg Abbott acted on it and convicted the woman.

Offline skeeter

All of those years of denying voting rights may be swinging in the other direction.  Who decides elections in many cases will be whom gets out their voting base.

"May be"? We've been making up for all those years of denying voting rights for some time now.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-detroits-precincts/95363314/

Offline Frank Cannon

@skeeter

Then why did the Supreme Court down there rule to have the results not destroyed after the election?

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/judge_orders_alabama_not_to_de.html

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Michigan is a must ask state for IDs but a person doesn't need to show an ID. However if you vote without an ID you have to sign an affidavit which basically amounts to a signed confession if you vote illegally.

Conservatives cry that its meaningless while liberals compare it to being sent to the gas chambers but I think its fairly effective.

And in inner cities everywhere the volunteer election judges have state provided voter rolls right before them that allow them to help anyone who shows up to vote. 

Many of the people shown as voting on those rolls would be very surprised to learn that they did!

- J. R. R. Tolkien