Author Topic: ‘Never Trump’ Conservatives Soften to President Trump, Hail His Achievements  (Read 19028 times)

Offline RoosGirl

"Get on you"?     Uh...no thanks.   Think Frank has that covered.    ^-^

Oh, I get it.  You'd rather get on Barack.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Oh, I get it.  You'd rather get on Barack.

Okay....now that was funny!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Fine, Merry Christmas to all Orange loving Trumkins and Hillary loving Never Trumpers, dammit!

Just goofing off, Merry Christmas to all,

Amen.

Except @corbe of course.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline Mesaclone

Your hubris is hilariously pathetic.

I would not be wasting my time at all on a forum like this if your charge that I prefer an 'echo chamber' had any merit whatsoever.

Unlike yourself, I do not require a daily diet of talk radio blowhards and media heads to tell me what my opinions and principles should be.  I do not require someone on radio or TV reminding me that my beliefs or views are correct either.

What I find amusing is the fact people like you are quick to charge those citing articles and authors critical of your position with 'echo chamber groupthink' and lacking ability to 'think for ourselves', and in the next breath ridicule those whom think for ourselves when refusing to accept as gospel, political evangelists that agree with you.

Look, if the Germans and English could cross the bloody open ground to wish each other Merry Christmas, how can we not at least hold our fire towards each other for the next couple of days? Merry Christmas to you Invar, and a Happy New Year!
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Never Trumpers: The good (who have re-evaluated), the bad (who can’t get over themselves) and the ugly (who have thrown in with the Left)
American Thinker, Dec 23, 2017, Thomas Lifson

The passage of tax reform and the booming economy, sweeping transformations in Middle East policy, and regulatory reform that is unleashing vast potential bottled up the last 8 years and more are all signs that President Trump is not the ogre feared by a large faction of the conservative intellectual establishment. The famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective) special issue of National Review, “Against Trump,” stands as a unique instance of the conservative movement’s intellectual elite turning against the champion of the GOP’s base. With almost a year in office for Trump, some of those who partook of the NeverTrump fashion have started to change their minds, while others are doubling down, becoming bitter enders.

<snip>

Others have been unwilling to change the positions they have staked out, and some have been actively destroying their credibility.  At the top of that list is Bill Kristol, former editor of the Weekly Standard, scion of conservative giants Irving Kristol and Gertrude Himmelfarb, and chief of staff for Vice President Cheney when he was in office. On Twitter, he disclosed “inner” tendencies that apparently lay dormant under other Republican administrations, but which were “triggered” by Trump: ...

More: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/never_trumpers_the_good_who_have_reevaluated_the_bad_who_cant_get_over_themselves_and_the_ugly_who_have_thrown_in_with_the_left.html

Offline RoosGirl

Okay....now that was funny!    :patriot:

Yeah, I'm a pretty funny girl when people aren't being shits.  Actually, I'm a pretty funny girl even when people are being shits; they're usually just too caught up in being shits to notice.

Silver Pines

I've yet to meet a politician who wasn't a personal POS the second they got away from a camera.  It's a filthy business, so I found it a lot easier to simply distrust every last one of them.  I guess I'm a cynic.

@Cyber Liberty

Nope, I’m with you.  The degree of suckage is relative.

One of our former congressmen  was generally thought of as a decent guy.  My father-in-law contributed substantially to him.   At one point, he was being weaselly....didn’t follow through on a promise he made and was dodging contact.

So my FIL, who’s been on a first name basis with certain national- level pols and is not naive,  confronted the guy at a function and wanted to know what the progress was.

Mr. Congressman just looked at him blankly, turned around, and walked off without speaking. 

That incident was key in his decision to support Trump.   I might not agree with it, but I understand it.

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

@Right_in_Virginia

I’d still love to know why y’all want people  to ❤️ Trump so badly. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Had to come back to the thread to just say:

Don't leave out @truth_seeker , Sal!    ^-^     And @katzenjammer !  And @flowers !

They, along with @alicewonders were right along with us from the beginning!   

Merry Christmas, my Sicilian 'brother'    :beer: 

We lost some good ones, didn't we.  They're still missed.

Merry Christmas @truth_seeker @aligncare @alicewonders @katzenjammer @flowers @DCPatriot !!!

And all our Briefers!   8888mistltoe

Offline Night Hides Not

@Right_in_Virginia

I’d still love to know why y’all want people  to ❤️ Trump so badly.

The answers to some questions just can't be articulated...certainly not within 144 (or is it 288) characters.

The Trump administration has done some good things, such as Gorsuch, and reducing regulations. Congress has been a great disappointment, but that's nothing new.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

Wheaties? I thought Wheaties identifies as Cheerios now? (Gosh I can’t keep my cereals straight any more)

Thanks to pookie, I got proof!  Wheaties is BAD NEWS!