Author Topic: Ben Shapiro: How Hollywood Beams Propaganda Directly Into Your Brain  (Read 617 times)

rangerrebew

Ben Shapiro: How Hollywood Beams Propaganda Directly Into Your Brain

In a PragerU video, Daily Wire Editor Ben Shapiro explains how Hollywood is cleverly using entertainment to make you, the viewer, embrace their left-wing propaganda.

“Imagine a group of activists so powerful that they could beam their propaganda directly into your brain,” Shapiro begins. “Now, also imagine that they’re so sophisticated they actually get you to pay for them to do it.”

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/ben-shapiro-how-hollywood-beams-propaganda-directly-your-brain

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Ben Shapiro: How Hollywood Beams Propaganda Directly Into Your Brain
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:29:29 am »
They can only "beam it into your brain" if you allow yourself to be tuned to their frequency.

I "tuned out" a LONG time ago...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 03:34:28 am »
They can only "beam it into your brain" if you allow yourself to be tuned to their frequency.

I "tuned out" a LONG time ago...

YEP. All we are is radios, and the only control is which station you listen to.
And it is much more dark and insidious than mere politics.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:16:48 am »
I have noticed the propaganda aspect for decades. Nothing new.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »
I rarely watch any network programs anymore, and only a few cable shows.  My wife used to get  highly irritated when watching some tv show or movie when I'd point out the lib/leftist propaganda ladled out with the entertainment.
She'd protest that she hadn't noticed anything, and I'd ruined the show for her.
However, over the years I've managed to convert her into a more strident conservative, so now she is little more accepting of my criticisms of the entertainment.
(I remember a few years ago we started watching some movie on HBO that looked promising. At one point early in the movie one of the characters who worked in an office was working late and met a different employee for the first time.
They started talking during a break in their work, and one of them offered the other a joint which the other character readily accepted. I'm sure that happens all the time.  :whistle: Since then I've noticed other movies where characters light up joints to share with other workers. That an the constant use of the f word which I've never heard used as much even when I used to hang around with people who used it all the time.)
But again we rarely watch anything new. 99% of what is offered on network tv is total tripe, and cable isn't much better.
 Waiting for the new season of "Better Call Saul."

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 03:10:14 pm »
I rarely watch any network programs anymore, and only a few cable shows.  My wife used to get  highly irritated when watching some tv show or movie when I'd point out the lib/leftist propaganda ladled out with the entertainment.
She'd protest that she hadn't noticed anything, and I'd ruined the show for her.
However, over the years I've managed to convert her into a more strident conservative, so now she is little more accepting of my criticisms of the entertainment.

But again we rarely watch anything new. 99% of what is offered on network tv is total tripe, and cable isn't much better.

Thank you for your post @goatprairie ... I am glad I am not the only one that does that... sometimes drives wife and kids a little bonkers... but it is just programmed in me to point out the obvious leftist junk injected into regular tv and movies.  Now I catch the wife doing it on occasion and it warms my heart. Even my eldest son will do it now. TV viewing now has the added dimension of "whack the liberal propaganda"...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »
These days the only thing television is good for is a baseball game. Which reminds me:
spring training is only 53 days away.  :laugh:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 07:51:20 pm »
Thank you for your post @goatprairie ... I am glad I am not the only one that does that... sometimes drives wife and kids a little bonkers... but it is just programmed in me to point out the obvious leftist junk injected into regular tv and movies.  Now I catch the wife doing it on occasion and it warms my heart. Even my eldest son will do it now. TV viewing now has the added dimension of "whack the liberal propaganda"...
My wife used to be a big fan of the NCSI show with Mark Harmon. Some years ago we were watching one episode featuring an Islamo-fascist killer who was blowing up things.  One of the other characters mentioned the problem with jihadis blowing things up, and naturally Mark Harmon's character had to immediately chime in  with "well yeah, but how about all the crazy Christians blowing up abortion clinics" or similar words.
Sure, when's the last time anybody blew up an abortion clinic? And why did the show's writers have Harmon's character be a reflexive liberal? Because that's what they are and that's how they wanted the audience to think.
The writers were saying Muslims blowing people up is bad, but  all those Christians blowing up abortion clinics is an equal problem. And what is the ratio of people killed by Islamo fascists to people killed by abortion clinic bombers......50,000 to 1 maybe?
I ruined the show for my wife....thank goodness.