Author Topic: Goochland sheriff described 'grisly' scene after woman mauled to death by her pit bulls  (Read 707 times)

Offline Suppressed

Goochland sheriff described 'grisly' scene after woman mauled to death by her pit bulls
By ALI ROCKETT Richmond Times-Dispatch  Dec 15, 2017
http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/goochland-sheriff-described-grisly-scene-after-woman-mauled-to-death/article_ca98bbc2-3676-5121-b337-cdcfbc875293.html

Bethany Stephens, 22, of Glen Allen was found dead on Thursday in a wooded area where she frequently had walked her dogs.

Stephens

A 22-year-old Glen Allen woman was mauled to death in what the Goochland County sheriff described as a “grisly” scene.

Bethany Lynn Stephens’ body was discovered by Goochland deputies about 8:20 p.m. Thursday in a wooded area near the 2200 block of Manakin Road.

“(Her body) was being guarded by two very large, brindle-colored pit bull dogs,” Sheriff James L. Agnew said during a news conference Friday.

[...]

Initial reports from the medical examiner’s office said Stephens — whom Agnew described as petite, 5-foot-1 and 125 pounds — had a cause of death “consistent with being mauled by these dogs.” She had defensive wounds on her hands and arms, and it appeared that she was alive when the animals attacked.

“The first traumatic injury to her was to her throat and face,” Agnew said, reading from the initial autopsy results. “It appears she was taken to the ground, lost consciousness, and the dogs then mauled her to death.”

It was not a homicide, Agnew said.

“It was an absolutely grisly mauling. In my nearly 40 years in law enforcement, I’ve never seen anything quite like it,” he said. “I hope I never see anything like it again.”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

A real shame.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not to dwell on it, but I saw a report today where the dogs had been eating her ribcage.   

I won't have a pit anywhere near me.  Too many of these gruesome stories.

Offline Frank Cannon

Not to dwell on it, but I saw a report today where the dogs had been eating her ribcage.   

I won't have a pit anywhere near me.  Too many of these gruesome stories.

They're garbage animals. My insurance agent won't even let me rent to tenants with them. I just throw some jackass out this summer who tried to hide one in his apartment. Claimed it was such a fun loving animal. Tried to bust the hinges off the door of the room it was stashed in when I was there so it could eat me. I had my hand on the gun when that shit started happening. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Shoot the renter.  Take the brass and the projectile with you.   Leave the dogs a snack.  Call the cops to do a welfare check in 10 days or so.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Shoot the renter.  Take the brass and the projectile with you.   Leave the dogs a snack.  Call the cops to do a welfare check in 10 days or so.....

Too many witnesses. It's a multi unit with a bunch of nosy bastards. While I was cleaning up they would be bugging me that their thermostats only go up to 100 and they like their places 120 with the windows open for fresh air.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Too many witnesses. It's a multi unit with a bunch of nosy bastards. While I was cleaning up they would be bugging me that their thermostats only go up to 100 and they like their places 120 with the windows open for fresh air.

Some like it hot. :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

'grisly' scene after woman mauled to death by her pit bulls

I hope these dogs get sensitivity training after they treated this woman like a piece of meat.