Author Topic: Clapper: Putin 'Knows How to Handle an Asset, and That's What He's Doing' with Trump  (Read 420 times)

Offline endicom

PJ Media
Bridget Johnson
Dec. 18, 2017

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said today that Russian President Vladimir Putin appears to be handling President Trump as a KGB officer would manage an intelligence asset.

At his year-end press conference Thursday, Putin lauded Trump for "some major achievements, even over the short period he has been in office." According to the White House, Trump and Putin spoke by phone later that day, and Trump "thanked President Putin for acknowledging America’s strong economic performance in his annual press conference."

>

Trump praised the call in his remarks today announcing the National Security Strategy, which each administration has been required to deliver to Congress since 1947. "We also face rival powers, Russia and China, that seek to challenge American influence, values, and wealth," he said in prepared remarks at the Ronald Reagan Building in D.C. "We will attempt to build a great partnership with those and other countries, but in a manner that always protects our national interest."

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/clapper-putin-knows-handle-asset-thats-hes-trump/

Offline ConservativeGranny

And he knows exactly how to manipulate the American people as well. Russia has been very successful with their propaganda here.

Oceander

You have got to be kidding me.  Trump is no KGB asset. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The fact that James Clapper was ever involved with anything called "intelligence " should write anyone paying attention a book!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

Wha disappoints me most about Clapper is that he quite obviously hates Trump more than he loves the country. Because making comments like this will have no net positive effect, and has the big negative of undermining the current administration.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wha disappoints me most about Clapper is that he quite obviously hates Trump more than he loves the country. Because making comments like this will have no net positive effect, and has the big negative of undermining the current administration.

Come again? Clapper is a hack. He has always been a hack. That is why Obama picked him.

Offline corbe

Solid Proof Trump is a Russian 'at heart'.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ConservativeGranny

IMO he has played Trump like a fiddle. He knows Trump is very weak when it comes to flattery. Trump is a very flawed man who is vunerable in many ways and easily manipulated. He was an easy target. And his ego is so frail that even if he realized he was being played he couldn't admit it.

Trump's relationship Russia has raised eyebrows in the intelligence committee for many years now, well before he ever considered running for office.