Author Topic: How an abusive government turns the Constitution against you  (Read 516 times)

rangerrebew

How an abusive government turns the Constitution against you
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:28:14 am »
December 17, 2017
How an abusive government turns the Constitution against you
By Robert Arvay

Question: Does the Bill of Rights protect citizens from government excess?  Nearly everyone will agree that it does.  The very reason we have a Bill of Rights is to protect you, the citizen, against abuses by government.

Next question: Can the government use the Bill of Rights as a shield in order to violate your constitutional rights?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/how_an_abusive_government_turns_the_constitution_against_you.html#ixzz51W6I9cQS

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: How an abusive government turns the Constitution against you
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 02:03:07 pm »
Of course they can and do so with great regularity!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 03:24:52 pm »
Next question: Can the government use the Bill of Rights as a shield in order to violate your constitutional rights?
That's like asking if a dog with an overloaded bladder can use a fire hydrant.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »
Yup!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline the_doc

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 11:10:50 pm »

The fact that the very fact that they regularly abuse power in our day of tyranny and then hide behind the 5th Amendment with great regularity is a serious legal matter.  I would go so far as to say it amounts to novel but obvious grounds for a court fight to strip government officials of a right given to private citizens, a right designed to protect them from an abusive government.

I think that the SCOTUS would love to rule on a landmark case like this one.  (I certainly would if I were on the Court.) 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »
The fact that the very fact that they regularly abuse power in our day of tyranny and then hide behind the 5th Amendment with great regularity is a serious legal matter.  I would go so far as to say it amounts to novel but obvious grounds for a court fight to strip government officials of a right given to private citizens, a right designed to protect them from an abusive government.

I think that the SCOTUS would love to rule on a landmark case like this one.  (I certainly would if I were on the Court.)

:amen:  I have been saying the same for years now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:40:57 am »
Wow!  An article discussing how the government has been turned into an instrument of theft and denial of rights, all by courts.

A thread just primed for somebody like @Jazzhead to come and tell us why that's good and proper.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 02:43:05 am »
Fool article