Author Topic: Former CIA Director: With Trump, I Didn't Think Through The Downside Of The Intel Community Becoming  (Read 495 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Matt Vespa
Dec. 14, 2017

Former CIA Director Michael Morell sat down with Politico’s Susan Glasser, where he admitted that he and others from the intelligence community didn’t think through the consequences of them becoming political last year. Last year, Morell wrote an op-ed in The New York Times that endorsed Hillary Clinton for president. Within the agency, Morell sharked his way up the halls of the CIA becoming the chief intelligence briefer to President George W. Bush, and then acting director twice. Intelligence analysts serve the country. There is no politics involved in any of their analyses—at least not until Trump was elected. Morell noted that putting himself in ‘Trump’s shoes’ did not factor into his decision to become political, and that is something he admits he fell short on concerning the backlash for the community. At the same time, he doesn’t think that going public with that op-ed was a mistake.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/12/14/former-cia-director-with-trump-i-didnt-think-through-the-downside-of-the-intel-n2421343

Offline endicom

So this guy Morell, right?

He was acting CIA Director, right?

So he does this interview, right?

Where he didn't think things through, right?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, because the CIA was never political under any other President.  I know being a liar is required for a CIA chief, but apparently stupid is an option too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's still not very thoughtful about it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like he's in CIA CYA mode.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wheels falling off the Deep State's "Get Donny " plans so now it is CYA time. If the courts decide that Mueller and his email grab was illegal, they're all finished.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Former CIA Director: With Trump, I Didn't Think 

Fixed it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Former CIA Director: With Trump, I Didn't Think 

Fixed it.

Not quite!  Re: Former CIA Director: With Trump, I Didn't can'tThink

NOW it's fixed.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just try to digest this.

The American head of counter-intelligence, the guy responsible for double agents and to keep our agents safe, was texting to his 'girlfriend' (he is supposedly married btw) like a goddam 15 year old about how he is going to sabotage Trump. Are you kidding me? This is our government?

It reads more like some high-school bullshit.

Apparently, you can be a 40 year old retarded idiot, who behaves like a teenager, and still rise to be the head of "intelligence" in America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just try to digest this.

The American head of counter-intelligence, the guy responsible for double agents and to keep our agents safe, was texting to his 'girlfriend' (he is supposedly married btw) like a goddam 15 year old about how he is going to sabotage Trump. Are you kidding me? This is our government?

It reads more like some high-school bullshit.

Apparently, you can be a 40 year old retarded idiot, who behaves like a teenager, and still rise to be the head of "intelligence" in America.

It does, doesn't it?  Amateur hour.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It does, doesn't it?  Amateur hour.

It's why the founders insisted on having only people with no possible divided loyalties serve as our chief executive.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien