Author Topic: NBC Made Payment To Staffer After Sexual Harassment Claim Against Chris Matthews  (Read 618 times)

rangerrebew

NBC Made Payment To Staffer After Sexual Harassment Claim Against Chris Matthews

Posted By Amber Athey On 9:23 PM 12/16/2017 In | No Comments

An MSNBC spokesman confirmed Saturday the company made a separation-related payment to one of Chris Matthews employees after the woman complained about sexual harassment.

Two sources familiar with the situation told The Daily Caller that Matthews paid $40,000 to settle with an assistant producer on his show, “Hardball with Chris Matthews,” in 1999 after she accused him of harassment. An MSNBC spokesperson contested that claim to the Caller, saying the company instead paid significantly less as part of a severance package.

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/16/nbc-made-payment-to-staffer-after-sexual-harassment-claim-against-chris-matthews/

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
When I read this post I felt a thrill run up my leg...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online mountaineer

... The woman complained to executives that Matthews, now 71, had made inappropriate comments to her and made inappropriate jokes about her to others.

An MSNBC spokesman told The Daily Caller that Matthews had been slapped with a formal reprimand at the time the woman made her complaint. The website reported that the network decided that the complaints were "inappropriate and juvenile," but were not intended as propositions.  ...
FOX News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

When I read this post I felt a thrill run up my leg...
Matthews never actually felt a thrill run up his leg about Obama. He felt something run down.  It was  his Depends leaking.

Offline jpsb

"This is why you don't hire women"

I think there is going to be a anti-feminist backlash as a result of all these accusations
sans much evidence. It's the new Dem goto tactic to take out Repubs. Happily they
are taking a few hits too.

40k to shut up a disgruntled employee is chump change to Matthews and NBC. As much
as I dislike Chrisy I don't see him as a powerful sexual predator. That said, I am loving all
the bad press this is causing him.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Matthews never actually felt a thrill run up his leg about Obama. He felt something run down.  It was  his Depends leaking.

You have to laugh - idiots like Matthews thought Obama was going to be such a great statesman, before it became painfully obvious that without a teleprompter he was incapable of articulating a coherent answer to even the simplest question...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA