Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick spoke to Rikers Island inmates, and corrections officers are not happy  (Read 616 times)

rangerrebew

Colin Kaepernick spoke to Rikers Island inmates, and corrections officers are not happy
Dec 12, 2017 6:50 pm

New York City officials allowed former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick to bring his message about police brutality to inmates at Rikers Island on Tuesday, and corrections officers weren’t pleased, according to the New York Post.

“That’s crazy to me to have a person like Colin Kaepernick in prison talking about police brutality,” said one officer at the event. “It was insulting for me to be there. In the inmate’s eyes, we are the police when they’re locked up.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/12/12/colin-kaepernick-spoke-to-rikers-island-inmates-and-corrections-officers-are-not-happy

Offline Applewood

Kaepernick is an inspiration?  Shows the inmates how to turn their lives around?  What kind of high-grade marijuana are city officials smoking in New York?  Kaepernick is an unemployed loser and a troublemaker.  With those qualities no one is going to do better in life.

I don't blame the corrections officers for being unhappy.  They have enough trouble with inmates.  They don't need a professional agitator coming in to make things worse. Whose bright idea was it to let Kaepernick into the prison to speak anyway? 

debrawiest

Someone has to take Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson’s place. Way to step up, Colin.   *****rollingeyes*****

Online mountaineer

Mayor Wilhelm DeBlasio is an idiot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

I feel sorry for the sensible New Yorkers.  They are saddled  with big government, nanny state, social justice warrior politicians who are completely clueless.  What is sad is that the sensible New Yorkers are hopelessly outnumbered by the liberal, gimmedat crowd that always votes for these politicians.