Author Topic: CNN's Amanpour: Trump's Use Of "Fake News" Label Undermines Credibility Of Democracy, Our World Orde  (Read 2628 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
About 9 months ago I walked into a waiting room and it had CNN on.  I asked the desk clerk if they would change the channel to something other than the Communist News Network and be fore she could say anything I got a loud cheer.  She went and called the office manager who changed the channel but gave a cold look to me.  I told them as I was checking out, that if that was the kind of news they believed in, I would be changing my doctor. They had nothing to say.  I changed my doctor.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

Donald Trump made the claim on FOX news that Rafael Cruz was involved in the JFK assassination. Those morons at your favorite "news" outlet sat there nodding like bobbleheads. They couldn't be bothered to do any of that icky journalistic crap like asking follow up questions or investigating the claim. They were too busy basking in the warm glory of urine St Donald was blessing them with.

CNN actually did investigate the claim and said not only could they find no evidence to support Trump's claim but that all evidence pointed to Cruz being in Canada at the time. You know damn well that CNN desperately wanted the story to be true but they showed more integrity than our so called "president" and told the truth about what they found.

Trump himself went on Blitzer's show a few days later and told Blitzer that he had never actually believed the the story but he told it anyway (LIED) because he wanted to win.

So would you like to stick with this little gem of Trumper brilliance  or would you like to squirt another diarrhetic spot of wet Trumper brilliance into the underwear of the internet?

Yep. I can't support liars and cheats regardless of the "good" they might do. Just more of the "ends justify the means" leftest crap that too many Trump supporters have come to embrace.

Offline Applewood

Trump’s steadily reduced burdensome federal regulations! That alone is like WOW, he’s right on immigration, taxes, health care, military, I could go on. My goodness, does he have to walk on water?

He’s keeping his promises, regardless of google’s breathless stories – 95 percent of these manufactured since announcing his run for president. Go back further to 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s and you get a different picture of the man.

I look at Trump’s actions, and his words which haven’t changed from his campaign, and they just don’t resemble what his critics are saying about him. It’s ludicrous to say he didn’t build his own success. He didn’t build it? No sale.

Seems to me that many of Trump's actions have been rejected by the courts, so I don't see were he has exactly been entirely successful in that regard.

And where has he been on Obamacare repeal and tax reform?  Seems to me he lets others do the work just like Obama did.  If it fails, he has someone to blame.  If it works, he takes credit.  I know he will take credit for the tax bill just worked out by congress, but I haven't seen evidence of his input into it  He spends much of his time stirring up the faithful with his nasty tweets and his incessant need to create controversy.  He complains about fake news, but he's the one who can't seem to let an hour go by without having to  be mentioned in the media.  Here's an idea.  Maybe he should stay out of the limelight once in a while and do some real work.

And I notice you gloss over stories about his lies and his thievery.  You overlook the lies he spread about Ted Cruz during the presidential campaign or the Trump University fraud, or the contractors on his buildings who weren't paid.   But just like your idol, if the news is favorable to Trump, it's real.  If it's unfavorable, it must be fake.

Unlike you, I have no illusions about Trump.  The guy is no saint even though Trump's supporters think he is.  You are being set up for a major disappointment or worse when the scales finally fall from your eyes.

Offline musiclady

Yep. I can't support liars and cheats regardless of the "good" they might do. Just more of the "ends justify the means" leftest crap that too many Trump supporters have come to embrace.

THIS.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

Isn't this the dirty whore who proudly displays the Twin Towers burning in her living abode?

Offline Frank Cannon

So you've never purchased a car or house in your life. Must be great living in your mothers basement.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
CNN = fake news
Amanpour = fake reporter

"Amanpour said that Trump's use of the term has given dictators around the world license to paralyze the press and if it goes on, it will put democracy and the entire world order at risk."

What this really means:
"It will put our vision of a 'world order' (that we want to impose on YOU) at risk"

Offline RetBobbyMI

888high58888  Wish we had a few million more like you!
I wish more people would just ask. It’s like these places, including most of the airports, don’t have another option.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

Why would you say that? Do you fear Donald Trump is leading us toward leftism? Has he nefarious intent? Personifies every -ism the left accused him of being? Why not trust the president?

I believe he’s earned the benefit of the doubt at this point. Seems he is leading us to be an America as founded, with a smaller less intrusive government, one where citizenship means something again.

I guess I will never understand NeverTrumpism.

I know the pitchforks and arrows will be coming for me, but the only one leading us towards the left are the ones who refuse to stand behind this President.  He has shown true patriotism and leadership; something that we haven't seen for the past 8 years.  Either one can get behind him and help him to take this country in a positive direction or one can oppose him and help the left sink him and this country.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:13:06 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
My local gym has it on
hmmmmm..   :pondering:
Why dontcha Grab the remote and change the channel.  Stand back and see who complains.   Then find a new gym.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goodwithagun

Pisses me off....  it's on in my Cardiologist's office....the Radiology Center.....and the coin-operated laundromat!  (Can't fit my bedding in the stack unit)   :laugh:

Try saying something. I was doing PT this summer for a stress fracture and had to take my little kids with me every now and then when my husband worked (he's on 24 hr shifts). The center has cartoons on and every stinking time we were there The Loud House was on, which my children are not permitted to watch. I politely asked to change the channel one day when the main character's friend kept talking about his "dads." I explained why to the receptionist and she gladly switched the channel.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline endicom

I know the pitchforks and arrows will be coming for me, but the only one leading us towards the left are the ones who refuse to stand behind this President.  He has shown true patriotism and leadership; something that we haven't seen for the past 8 years.  Either one can get behind him and help him to take this country in a positive direction or one can oppose him and help the left sink him and this country.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"This is really serious, and it just has to stop. Because it is undermining not just our safety, but the credibility of democracy and the fight against corruption, and the legitimacy of our order, our world order.

Our world order? What is that? Don't you mean your 'world order'? The press is getting pissed off because they are being made to account for all the bullshit they spread.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:09:29 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goodwithagun

Isn't this the dirty whore who proudly displays the Twin Towers burning in her living abode?

She was so concerned about getting the controversial painting in the pic that she didn't even notice the shade on one of the chandelier lights was crooked #priorities
I stand with Roosgirl.