Author Topic: Billionaire Barry Sherman, wife, found dead in their Toronto mansion, officials say  (Read 721 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Billionaire Barry Sherman, wife, found dead in their Toronto mansion, officials say

By JULIA JACOBO
Dec 15, 2017, 7:11 PM ET

Billionaire Barry Sherman and his wife, Honey, have been found dead in their Toronto, Canada mansion, officials said.

Two bodies were found at 50 Old Colony Road in York, Ontario Friday after police received a call around 11:45 a.m. detailing a medical incident at the home, said Toronto Police Constable David Hopkinson in a press conference this afternoon.

While police did not release the identities of the bodies found, Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care confirmed, the couple's deaths on Twitter, describing Barry and Honey Sherman as "dear friends." A phone listing for the home's address lists a "B C Sherman" as the contact's name.

Read more at: http://abcnews.go.com/International/billionaire-barry-sherman-wife-found-dead-toronto-mansion/story?id=51823312

Offline TomSea

All signs point to a murder suicide but why? A billionaire, gave heavily to charity.

If one were a billionaire, not only would one think there would be house servants around but even if there were not, you would think there would be close-circuit tv, heavy security.  It doesn't look like anyone broke in.

The bodies of Barry Sherman and his wife Honey were found in the basement by an estate agent, reports said.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42375152

This story says this, another such as the wikipedia entry reads:

On December 15, 2017, police officers were called to Sherman's home in North York (Ontario, Canada) where they discovered the bodies of Sherman and his wife; the couple were found hanging side by side next to their indoor pool, information still pending from local police.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Sherman

I read this elsewhere too, that they were found hanging.

Financial problems with their company? Surely, they could have survived that.

Some articles are pointing to it looking like a murder-suicide.
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/much-loved-billionaire-couple-found-dead-in-north-york-mansion    Which I've got to lean towards as a theory. Surely, the house was secured vs. foul play.

He found a pharmaceutical company. So, maybe they or he took some bad pills? Probably not, this story baffles me though.

The Toronto Sun story says she, Honey, the wife may have been killed in one part of the house and then, dragged to the next location. So, maybe he flipped out and then killed himself. Sad story.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:04:25 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Unfortunately, they just discovered this happened Thursday or Friday by noon and unbelievably, there could be a conspiracy angle to this folks. I've found that out and also thanks to some others via other means.

Some of these websites might be off-the-wall but not all of them and their facts, could be something here:

Almost as mainstream of a source as possible:

Canadian Partnership Shielded Identities of Donors to Clinton Foundation

Mike McIntire and Jo Becker

Aides to former President Bill Clinton helped start a Canadian charity that effectively shielded the identities of donors who gave more than $33 million that went to his foundation, despite a pledge of transparency when Hillary Rodham Clinton became secretary of state.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/30/us/politics/canadian-partnership-shielded-identities-of-donors-to-clinton-foundation.html

I can't access the full article but this is a start... and I may just leave it at that. The other articles I've seen start to seriously veer into conspiracy territory.

:tinfoil:

But it's such a strange odd story.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
You can never tell with stuff like this.  Could be anything.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Founder of Apotes, Inc, Canadian generic drug manufacturer, which has 1.5 billion in global sales and fills 89 million prescriptions a year in canada alone. Estimated net worth 3 Billion, a drop of 1.9 billion since last year. From:https://www.forbes.com/profile/bernard-barry-sherman/

1.9 billion is a pretty severe drop, but still I think I could restructure a few things and make do with the 3 Billion left...A bummer, but no cause to end it all, I wouldn't think. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Mr. Sherman was one of the most powerful and highly-connected men in North America and was perhaps most well-known for securing a deal with the Clinton Foundation during to provide vaccines in Haiti. In September 2014, in response to the spread of the chikungunya virus in Haiti, Apotex worked with the humanitarian organization Direct Relief to donate more than $2.2 million in medical aid to the country.

Read more at: http://www.neonnettle.com/news/3396-big-pharma-boss-with-clinton-foundation-ties-found-dead-at-home
© Neon Nettle

There's the link I read. It looks like a way out website but I don't know if there is info is wrong here, in this case.  I just don't like getting conspiratorial.

Offline TomSea

Most murder suicides seem to be done with a gun, reading the stories, it appears these two, husband and wife, were left hanging from the railing surrounding the indoor pool. But this seems also a bit contrary to the narrative of one article that the wife was killed in one place in the house and dragged to the pool area. Why would she then be hung?

And as I said earlier, one would think a billionaire's home would probably have CCTV, perhaps some other security.

Multiple articles on all of this.

The family is strongly disagreeing at this point in time, that it should be called a "murder-suicide", "double suicide" etc. The family wants a thorough investigation.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:04:52 pm by TomSea »