Author Topic: Republican Trey Gowdy Suggests Deputy FBI Director May Be Ousted By Next Week  (Read 649 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy, who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, suggested in a Friday interview that FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe will be forced out at the top law enforcement agency as soon as next week.

Gowdy argued that newly released FBI records reveal political bias against President Donald Trump - and in favor of Hillary Clinton - at the highest levels of the FBI. Gowdy said that McCabe will likely be pushed out of the agency as a result of the perceived bias.

"I'll be a little bit surprised if he's still an employee of the FBI this time next week," Gowdy told Fox News of McCabe, adding that he would be "shocked" if McCabe testifies before the House next week.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trey-gowdy-suggests-deputy-fbi-director-will-be-ousted-soon-2017-12
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
We’ll see.  Gowdy hasn’t delivered much since his prosecutor days....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Even if McCabe IS ousted at the FBI, the Judge Committee should still make him testify even if under a subpoena.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mesaclone

That’s why he may resign BEFORE testifying. As a private citizen he simply takes the 5th. As big honcho in the FBI, he is required to answer a bunch of questions he’d rather avoid. Should be interesting to see what happens here.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
We’ll see.  Gowdy hasn’t delivered much since his prosecutor days....

He's just taking up space and collecting a govt check at this point.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That’s why he may resign BEFORE testifying. As a private citizen he simply takes the 5th. As big honcho in the FBI, he is required to answer a bunch of questions he’d rather avoid. Should be interesting to see what happens here.

I'd bet big money on him never saying a word before any committee next week or ever.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline Mesaclone

Do you have a point?

I can pull from an endless reserve of contradictory quotes from Dems about Independent Counsels, our relationship with Russia, and the importance of Executive privilege....that's the nature of everyone in politics. Trump is no more guilty of this...and no less...than everyone in Dem leadership. What he's NOT guilty of is attempting a bureaucratic coup...which is we are now watching unfold. Its not going to work, but its sure as hell what's being attempted by the Left (along with a number of establishment types and a broad base of Left wing media support).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:40:13 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain