Author Topic: New $1B US embassy in London a high-security fortress, with a moat  (Read 412 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New $1B US embassy in London a high-security fortress, with a moat
It is a high-tech high-security fortress in London.

At $1 billion, the new U.S. embassy in the UK is the most expensive ever. The walls are blast-resistant. The glass is shatter-proof. It is diplomacy in the age of terror.

“The world has changed and so this building meets all those challenges,” Woody Johnson, U.S. Ambassador to the UK, told Fox News.

One important security feature, and an appropriate one for an embassy in the land of castles: A 100-foot-wide “moat,” at least one that protects one side of the building. Staffers like to call it a “pond.”

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/13/new-1b-us-embassy-in-london-high-security-fortress-with-moat.html

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: New $1B US embassy in London a high-security fortress, with a moat
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:47 pm »
That has to be one of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen...

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:10:46 am »
That has to be one of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen...

It sure is a lot to spend. They are our top ally I tell myself. I guess our people will live in that thing.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:58 am »
One reason I posted this is we do need to get things going in Jerusalem... or at least, that is if the Glenn Beck show have an inkling of the truth which sounded plausible to me. If, heaven forbid, Trump/the Republican term is only 4 years, they were saying on Beck's show, the next president could reverse this policy.

So, that "embassy" was in the headline caught my eye but I see it is for London not Jerusalem.

It's definitely worth considering.