Author Topic: Alabama result deals heavy blow to ObamaCare repeal  (Read 1796 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Alabama result deals heavy blow to ObamaCare repeal
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 09:01:26 pm »

I don't recall,  did Hillary have anyone prominent in her own party,  say President Obama,  tell everyone to "write in"  someone else?   

Did the news media start blaring out serious and unsettling accusations about her for weeks leading up to the election?

Just trying to figure out how this "Hillary"  thing is analogous in your mind. 

Don't remember Hillary having the entire apparatus of both parties plus all the influential billionaires and celebrities attacking her.   

Hey, just be a good stooge and wait for Lucy to tee up the ol' pigskin... again.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 09:16:25 pm »

I don't recall, did Hillary have anyone prominent in her own party, say President Obama, tell everyone to "write in" someone else?   

Just trying to figure out how this "Hillary" thing is analogous in your mind.

No, Obama - whose endorsements had famously been the kiss of death - went out to say vote for her.  I guarantee he shed no tears for her loss.  The 2007-08 primary was bitter and the Clinton/Obama people never got along.

The 'Hillary thing' is analogous because her supporters have engaged in spleen venting since November 9, 2016.  Those of you 'clamoring for Moore' are doing the same thing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 09:37:37 pm »

No, Obama - whose endorsements had famously been the kiss of death - went out to say vote for her.  I guarantee he shed no tears for her loss.  The 2007-08 primary was bitter and the Clinton/Obama people never got along.

The 'Hillary thing' is analogous because her supporters have engaged in spleen venting since November 9, 2016.  Those of you 'clamoring for Moore' are doing the same thing.

I think you are just dodging the point that our candidate was falsely accused and then backstabbed by his own allies.   

I'm focusing on the backstabbing,  you are putting forth the argument  that people who were genuinely F***ed over shouldn't complain because kooky Hillary supports did.   

You see,  we are coming at this from two different premises,  and only one of us is actually objectively correct on the matter.   

Your position is that Roy Moore lost because he was a bad candidate. 

My position is that Roy Moore lost because he was not only unprovably accused,   his own party joined in the attack against him,  thereby giving it added credibility.   They stabbed him in the back on allegations alone,  and hinkey allegations at that!

We have Jeff Flake making a public spectacle of himself sending a "check"  to Doug Jones,  the abortion supporting Democrat Opponent.   We have Richard Shelby urging everyone to "write in"  any name but Roy Moore's.   We have Senator after Senator,  rather than just saying "these are unproven allegations",   standing in a que waiting their turn to condemn the man with no trial or hearing.   

We had a circular firing squad all doing the enemy's work for them.   We had our troops loading their cannons and yanking the lanyards. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 10:29:00 pm »
My position is that he lost because he didn't get enough votes and nobody's post election conniptions will change that.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »
My position is that he lost because he didn't get enough votes and nobody's post election conniptions will change that.

If you don't correct the cause going forward,  you will likely get another re-occurrence.    To correct the cause,  one must understand the cause.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 10:42:47 pm »
If you don't correct the cause going forward, you will likely get another re-occurrence.  To correct the cause, one must understand the cause.

The cause being - lying about your involvement with teenage girls.  That's something he unquestionably did, whether you buy the assault allegations or not.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 12:41:29 am »
LOL. Right. This election is the reason the GOP isn't going to get rid of Obamacare. It isn't because most of them love it and never had any intention of getting rid of it, as shown by their inaction on the move.
It isn't the reason, it's the excuse. There is a difference.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 12:42:58 am »

The cause being - lying about your involvement with teenage girls.  That's something he unquestionably did, whether you buy the assault allegations or not.
Right. You were never involved with teenage girls. Kept in a Skinner Box until you turned twenty. If they can vote, let them decide--they can pick a president, they can decide who they want to go out with.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 12:46:16 am »
People people people, it's far more important that we stand in our holy robes feeling righteous, speaking in sonorous tones with stained glass sophistry of how we the pure cannot let anyone that does not live up to our standard of purity into the party.

All because some scumbag reporter with a criminal record and known to do hit jobs on Republicans, and an equally scumbag liberal lawyer, drags up women of questionable background, with stories that have mile wide holes and forged signatures, who are completely contradicted by credible witnesses.

But that does not matter, because we BELIEVE them, and all we have to do is BELIEVE them from the very core of our guts, and that makes it true. Evidence is not needed.

And we do not care about majorities, policy, or votes. It is far more important that we feel pure and righteous, righteous because a gaggle of liberal scumbags have enlightened us and showed us the way to purity.
:hands:

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 01:05:44 am »
Right. You were never involved with teenage girls. Kept in a Skinner Box until you turned twenty. If they can vote, let them decide--they can pick a president, they can decide who they want to go out with.

When I was involved with them, I was in high school.  Once I went to college and joined the service, I was interested in women.  At 20, we called teenage girls 'jailbait.'  I certainly had no interest in them when I was in my 30s.  No man should.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:57 am »
When I was involved with them, I was in high school.  Once I went to college and joined the service, I was interested in women.  At 20, we called teenage girls 'jailbait.'  I certainly had no interest in them when I was in my 30s.  No man should.
I think the difference is that people here consider a 'date' to be an imminent steamy f*ckfest, and not just a movie. I guess he could have gone after the rejects, retreads, or dypsomaniac hosebags in his age group. At 20, nineteen wasn't exactly considered robbing the cradle--nor was seventeen.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:33:11 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 01:47:41 am »
I guess he could have gone after the rejects, retreads, or dypsomaniac hosebags in his age group. At 20, nineteen wasn't exactly considered robbing the cradle--nor was seventeen.

And a retread is exactly what he got.  I'm sure St. Roy kept it in a (as you put it) a 'skinner box' until age 37.  A.C. Green is envious.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2017, 01:50:27 am »

And a retread is exactly what he got.  I'm sure St. Roy kept it in a (as you put it) a 'skinner box' until age 37.  A.C. Green is envious.
Yep, he did. And she wasn't 35 going on 50 with a serious drinking problem and a belly full of man hate. I'm happy for him.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2017, 02:02:14 am »
Yep, he did. And she wasn't 35 going on 50 with a serious drinking problem and a belly full of man hate. I'm happy for him.

She likes them there jooz, too.  Bonus.