Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: My fellow Republicans, a Democratic wave election is coming unless we act right now  (Read 2532 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans lost Tuesday in an Alabama U.S. Senate race for the first time in 25 years.

Republicans lost the Virginia governorship last month, despite Ed Gillespie getting more votes than any Republican gubernatorial candidate in the state’s history. The GOP also lost 14 Virginia House of Delegates seats, and four races are still being recounted – enough for Republicans to potentially lose control after 17 years in the majority.

In New Jersey, an unpopular Republican governor doomed the GOP candidate to a decisive defeat with 42 percent of the vote. Despite this outcome, the legislative elections were essentially a draw.

Republicans need to spend January developing a new strategy capable of changing current patterns and maximizing their chance to keep the House.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/14/newt-gingrich-my-fellow-republicans-democratic-wave-election-is-coming-unless-act-right-now.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Newt's right, and they're not going to act.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Newt's right, and they're not going to act.

Democrats, for all their faults (and they are legion), at least are on a mission.

Republicans stand for nothing but themselves.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Democrats, for all their faults (and they are legion), at least are on a mission.

Republicans stand for nothing but themselves.

The republic is dead now.  It doesn't really matter much who gets elected to what now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

The republic is dead now.  It doesn't really matter much who gets elected to what now.

That's what happens when we elect two dictator wannabe's in a row as President.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Put the crack pipe down and please go into depth where Donny is being a dictator. Obama did EO after EO regulating the hell out of everyone. Can't find any such EO's under Trumps belt......but maybe I'm missing something. Please enlighten me.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I was as anti-Trump as anyone on this board at one time but have come to realize that he is, warts and all, our last best hope of restoring this once great republic.  The deep state is now proven to be public enemy #1.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
LOL. Put the crack pipe down and please go into depth where Donny is being a dictator. Obama did EO after EO regulating the hell out of everyone. Can't find any such EO's under Trumps belt......but maybe I'm missing something. Please enlighten me.

If he gets that done it alone will make him a very successful president.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

I don't use drugs silly.

I said dictator "wannabe."  I didn't say he was succeeding, did I?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Fantom

R's lost in 'Bama under ... unusual circumstance. BS democrat/regressive "charges" which many so called conservatives gladly championed.  14 to 1 spending by the likes of Sorros....... and a candidate.... many would like to hate.

Even so.... the dems got 50,000 fewer votes than hillary. In fact President Trump got more votes than both candidates combined.

It is not a wave building folks. Dems/regressives cannot buy national elections with 14 to 1 spending.   
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

Republicans need to spend January developing a new strategy capable of changing current patterns and maximizing their chance to keep the House.

Why not try doing what you promised to do for 7 years!

Tax reform will be a good first step, but what about Obamacare repeal, immigration reform, building the wall and cutting depts. like education and reducing others.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Why not try doing what you promised to do for 7 years!

Tax reform will be a good first step, but what about Obamacare repeal, immigration reform, building the wall and cutting depts. like education and reducing others.

Oh HELL NO!  They would rather return to minority status than do any of that.  And don't spend your tax cut yet.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:07:35 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

I think Gingrich is right.   The Dems are clearly motivated.  Clearly.  What happened in the VA House of Delegates and in ruby red Alabama should be a wake-up call for Republicans.  I think it’s time for the President to lead the party and to start doing things to energize the entire party and not just his base.   I think he needs to stop the petty squabbles, the name-calling, and start acting Presidential.   McConnell and Ryan need to take the time to develop well thought-out legislation rather than rushing something through that is difficult or just can't get through a bifurcated Republican Party, and a bifurcated Republican Party is exactly what we have.

If the President truly “alone can fix it” (as he claimed), it’s time for him to demonstrate his self-described great negotiating and deal-making skills by leveraging members of the majority to get some legislative achievements done.  Not just one but many.  If he decides to try and appeal to the entire Republican Party (and to some Independents), I think he can energize an electorate.  He is a great marketer and promoter, but if he insists on just appealing to his base, I think his approval ratings will continue to hover in the 30’s, the Dems will continue to be highly motivated, and Republicans not in his base will continue to be frustrated and will look elsewhere (like write ins) or just stay home. 

I think the Senate is probably safe, but I'm afraid the House could be in jeopardy.  Now's the time for leadership.  I sure hope someone provides it. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:39:37 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline goodwithagun

Posting that comment with a pic of Ivanka in the background isn't so reassuring.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:40:29 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Poor eye of Newt.  Still trying to be relevant...and failing.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline bilo

Oh HELL NO!  They would rather return to minority status than do any of that.  And don't spend your tax cut yet.

Not much reason to support them if they won't do what they promised they would do.

They have to know that the Rats will grant citizenship to every illegal they can entice to come here if the Rats win a majority. The country will never survive that.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I was as anti-Trump as anyone on this board at one time but have come to realize that he is, warts and all, our last best hope of restoring this once great republic.  The deep state is now proven to be public enemy #1.

...better later than never, I suppose.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Posting that comment with a pic of Ivanka in the background isn't so reassuring.

Is THAT all you've got?   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

I don't use drugs silly.

I said dictator "wannabe."  I didn't say he was succeeding, did I?

Next time be a little more passive-aggressive. It’s getting harder to notice your NeverTrumpness these days.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dear @musiclady ---

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I tend to agree; Trump is our last best hope at restoring our Republic.  As I've stated many times before, you can be either part of the movement that is sinking this country or you can be part of the movement that is trying to lean her the other way. There is no middle ground right now.  America.  What will we be without her? 

To all the Never-Trumpers ... what do you think will happen when we lose either the majority in the House or Senate?  Impeachment for sure.  Be very careful what you wish for.  IF Pence doesn't play their game they will gobble him up and spit him out; I don't see him having the tremendous backbone that is needed right now.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

Next time be a little more passive-aggressive. It’s getting harder to notice your NeverTrumpness these days.

I've never been passive aggressive in my life.

If I want to say something I say it.  If I feel something I express it.

And when I'm angry, I slug people.

Nothing passive-aggressive about me.   9999hair out0000

But your effort to be passive-aggressively cute is duly noted.

And dismissed.  :seeya:

(btw, character still matters to me......always will.......... so my opinions haven't changed about Trump)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 06:32:57 pm by musiclady »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I was as anti-Trump as anyone on this board at one time but have come to realize that he is, warts and all, our last best hope of restoring this once great republic.

I reject outright ANY thought process that asserts a single man or party has the power and ability to 'save us'.

That is the mindset that leads to ruin in the first place, and it is not how we were forged to begin with.

We lost the Republic because the public abandoned it's foundational cultural principles, allowed itself to be educated into ignorance, embraced ideas anathema to the liberty intended for us and surrendered their responsibility to 'professionals'.  Now our existence is all about getting 'stuff' and using government to impose 'fairness' and 'equality'.

You do not fix such a pure morally bankrupt mobocracy by asserting one man or one party can restore us to greatness.  You're inviting dictatorship in one form or another.

But hey - if it's what the people want, they shall have it.

And the consequences that history teaches with horrifying results, shall at last be ours.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

888high58888

Trump's Presidency is the means of shining the light on the cockroaches.  Perhaps, it's the case that a man like Trump, warts and all, was the only way for it to happen.