Author Topic: Rubio to vote 'no' on tax bill unless child tax credit is expanded  (Read 400 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio to vote 'no' on tax bill unless child tax credit is expanded
By Alexander Bolton and Avery Anapol - 12/14/17 01:54 PM EST

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) has threatened to vote against the tax bill, putting the legislation in danger of being delayed past Christmas.

Rubio has told Senate leaders that he will vote against the bill unless the child tax credit is made more generous to help lower-income workers who pay payroll taxes and not regular income taxes.

“Sen. Rubio has consistently communicated to the Senate tax negotiators that his vote on final passage would depend on whether the refundability of the Child Tax Credit was increased in a meaningful way,” said a spokesperson for Rubio.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/364939-rubio-to-vote-no-on-tax-bill-unless-child-tax-credit-is-expanded
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Rubio to vote 'no' on tax bill unless child tax credit is expanded
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:15:18 pm »
Predictably, every marginal Pubby Senator is lining up with his hand out.  I expect the Pubbies are going to be short a Senator anyway, I hear McCain's slipping...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:15:19 pm »
I hope conservatives remember this if he decides to run for President again.  It's nothing but an expansion of the welfare state.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:15:37 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 08:19:48 pm »
I'm for all the tax cutting they can do.